Who sells the best popcorn kernels online
Popcorn corn: Test & recommendations (05/21)
Welcome to our big Popcorn Corn Test 2021. Here we present you all the popcorn corn varieties that we have tested in more detail. We have compiled detailed background information for you and also added a summary of customer reviews on the web.
We want to make the purchase decision easier for you and help you find the best popcorn for you.
You can also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide. If available, we also offer you interesting test videos. You will also find some important information on this page that you should definitely pay attention to if you want to buy popcorn corn.
the essentials in brief
- The Zea mays convar microsperma maize variety is the only one that is suitable for making popcorn
- It is important to store the corn properly, this is the only way it will last a long time
- The corn kernel bursts open and becomes popcorn because the water in the kernel changes its physical state from liquid to gaseous
Popcorn corn test: the ranking
1st place: Seeberger popcorn, pack of 10
The Seeberger brand popcorn corn is of the highest quality. The constantly controlled product is packed in a protective atmosphere and does not contain any artificial colors, preservatives or flavors.
2nd place: SUNTAT Popcorn Corn, 3-pack
The popcorn corn from Suntat is suitable both for a popcorn machine and for preparation in the pan.
Buying Guide: Questions to Consider Before Buying Popcorn Corn
Which corn is right for making popcorn?
Only one special type of corn is suitable for making popcorn yourself, namely “Zea mays convar microsperma” or puffed corn or popcorn corn, as we call it. Only this type of corn has the right properties for making popcorn. But this variety also has several variations.
This old maize variety consists of small, hard grains that are very smooth and have a thin, but very hard shell. This hard shell protects the soft core and withstands the heat of making popcorn for a long time.
The popping is all the more violent when the shell finally gives way. After the production of popcorn, parts of this bowl often stick to the ready-to-eat popcorn, which often disturb us when eating the popcorn.
Popcorn corn is very productive. Even a small cup of it turns into a large bowl of edible popcorn when heated. You can find popcorn or popcorn either in the supermarket or online.
What types of popcorn corn are there?
- The most famous popcorn corn is golden butter. This variety has a nice yellow color and is widely available.
- The Autumn Haze, also known as autumn corn, is reminiscent of the colors of a forest of leaves in autumn. Like the autumn leaves, the corn kernels grow on the cob in different shades of red and yellow. This variety tastes a little sweeter.
- The Dakota Black variety is the color of raisins. It pops very well and has a delicious nutty and buttery taste.
- The name of strawberry corn does not come from the taste of strawberries, but from the different colored corn kernels, which are larger than other types of corn.
- A very popular variety that makes delicious and particularly crispy popcorn is Bear Paw. The name comes from the appearance of the corn on the cob. It forks and in its most distinctive shape resembles a bear's paw.
- With the Striped Orange variety, the taste has nothing to do with the fruit, but with the color of the corn kernels. The corn is orange-colored with light stripes on the surface.
- The green pearl also gets its name from its color. The green popcorn pops very well and makes a very voluminous popcorn.
Where can I buy special types of popcorn corn?
But even those who do not have their own garden do not have to do without exclusive popcorn varieties. Special types of corn can be obtained on online shopping platforms, which are very difficult or impossible to get in normal retail.
How do you properly store popcorn corn?
To maintain freshness and to preserve nutrients, important vitamins and minerals, it is advisable to store popcorn corn in a cool, dry and dark place.
However, it must not be stored too dry, otherwise it can dry out and thus the pop ability and taste quality decrease.
When properly stored, popcorn can be kept for up to 12 months without any loss of quality.
Trivia: What Else You Should Know About Popcorn Corn
Which oil is suitable for making popcorn corn?
When making popcorn, you need a fat that can get hot. That is why tasteless vegetable oil is very suitable. Popcorn is traditionally made with butter. That gives the taste-neutral granules a delicious taste.
If you want to experiment, you can also use olive oil. This will significantly change the taste of your popcorn.
How do you make popcorn like in the cinema?
Popcorn like in the cinema - a dream for many. The following video shows you how to do it.
But you can also be very wild and creative when making popcorn, how about a salty variant? Or as a healthy snack in between?
You can also make great popcorn without a popcorn machine, for example in a deep pan or in the microwave.
How does corn become popcorn?
If popcorn maize, also known as puffed maize, is heated to around 200 degrees Celsius, the water in the maize kernels changes its physical state from liquid to gaseous.
The resulting water vapor takes up a much larger volume and causes the corn kernel to pop open. The starch, softened by heat and pressure, expands into frothy popcorn and cools immediately.
What do you do with overlaid popcorn corn?
If you find an old bag of popcorn corn in the pantry and are not sure how long it has been in there or how long it will last, it can be brought back to life.
You simply put the corn kernels with water in a tightly closed container and let it stand for a few days. The jar should be shaken occasionally. After a few days, the cracks in the old popcorn will be closed and the popcorn will be fresh again.
However, it must be weighed up whether the effort is worthwhile and whether it should not simply be fed to animals and new popcorn should be bought.
Further reading: sources and interesting links
Image source: unsplash.com / Christian Wiediger
Why can you trust me
- Why do we use the C ++ language
- How you will celebrate this new year
- Does China owe the United States money?
- How did Japan get rich
- Grocery stores refrigerate their products overnight
- Is CIPD recognized in Canada
- What is the future of health data
- How good is NJIT for ms cs
- How does the delivery of food on demand work
- What is the principle behind a vacuum pump?
- What is Quora Spaces
- Why is murder illegal?
- Why should anyone choose Harvard over Yale
- What is your ideal week like
- Why do people greet each other
- How does facial paralysis feel?
- When did someone underestimate your knowledge
- Coefficients can be variables
- What are the new tech jobs
- What are ad processes
- Can a diabetic patient take Testo Ultra
- The US needed the purchase in Louisiana
- Chinese men like Taiwanese girls
- Does bubble tea really contain tea