Why don't magnetic motors work
Why not a perpetual motion machine through magnetic force?
The explanation is provided by Alois Loidl from the Chair of Experimental Physics V at the University of Augsburg: “Magnets can indeed do work through attraction or repulsion, but that is exactly what you have to use to separate or bring them closer. This is why this system cannot be converted into a cycle that continuously supplies energy, ”explains Loidl.
Energy yield - no news
The famous perpetual motion machine cannot conjure up magnets either. It is a fictional construction that once started, remains in motion forever and does work without having to be supplied with external energy. Unfortunately, this dream of generating energy remains a fiction because it contradicts the law of conservation of energy: the total energy of a closed system does not change.
"To create a permanent magnet, you first have to put energy into it," emphasizes Loidl. Magnetizable substances consist of many small magnetic particles, the elementary magnets. Usually their orientation is disordered, like many tiny compass needles pointing in different directions. The magnetic fields cancel each other out and there is no magnetic effect. For the production of a permanent magnet, the particles of a magnet must therefore be rectified using energy. This happens in a strong electromagnetic field that is generated by electricity. “This work of magnetization then remains in the magnet, so to speak,” says Loidl.
With its magnetic force, the permanent magnet can then attract other ferromagnetic substances. "In doing so, he does work, but that's exactly what you have to spend again to bring about a separation against the force," says Loidl. The energy balance therefore remains at zero - unfortunately no energy can be obtained from the system.
Do you also have a question? Just send us an email to:
- How is marketing with social impact defined
- How does the liquid flow
- What are the psychological benefits of prayer
- What do psychologists think of personality tests
- How have affiliate marketing commissions changed the business?
- Why does our brain work so properly
- What other countries are dominated by Malaysia
- How to make tough cookies soft
- What definition of lead generation
- How many children are born per day
- Cameras can catch shoplifters
- Why don't you chase your dream
- Mammography causes cancer
- What is your opinion about the afterlife
- Who can I speak to confidentially?
- How many miles is 5 10 km
- What do you know about making money
- What should my weight loss goal be
- In which countries tipping is considered impolite
- How does lightning occur 4
- Where are Mecca and Medina
- When does nominal GDP rise
- How do you say goodbye forever
- What should society do about alcohol
- What's the craziest thing you've ever believed in
- What's a light year in the distance
- American men like to marry Chinese women
- Are SARMs bad
- Is the universe a four-dimensional sphere
- How effective were the ANZACS
- Why is xenophobia so bad in Ireland?
- What is the worst crime ever committed
- Is RPA part of artificial intelligence