What is a recipe for roasted peanuts with honey
This snack is downright addicting: Delicious honey and salt nuts to nibble on, which are not only easy to prepare, but also very quick
Honey and salt nuts to nibble on are the perfect snack for parties, TV evenings, games and birthday parties. Sure, celery and carrots would be healthier. But definitely not as tasty as these homemade roasted nuts with honey 😉
Roasted honey-salt nuts can now also be bought from many manufacturers in the supermarket. But as almost always, the homemade version is simply much better. And Make your own roasted nuts with honey is really a breeze. You only need 20-25 minutes, including baking time. The result tastes exactly how you want it to be. Because honey-salt-nuts are wonderfully variable: you have a free hand both when it comes to the types of nuts and the choice of spices. The basis for my recipe for roasting nuts are cashew nuts, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, macadamias, sunflower seeds, and more. It is best left natural, so not already roasted and salted. To refine, you need spice mixtures such as curry or ras el hanout, alternatively individual spices à la paprika and chilli.
The special thing about this savory snack is that it is salty, caramelized nuts, an exciting combination of sea salt, sugar and honey. The caramelization also makes the consistency unique.
Delicious variations of the honey-salt-nuts
As already mentioned, there are many refinement options for homemade roasted nuts with honey. I usually prepare two to three variations from the recipe. The Nibbles They are all prepared in the same way - i.e. mixed with honey, sugar, oil and salt. Some of it then becomes rosemary nuts, for example, and some honey mustard nuts.
So that nothing goes wrong, here are a few tips for preparation:
Do you already know my eBook "Clean Baking"?
So, what are you waiting for? Get your "Clean Baking" eBook now and learn more than 60 healthy and delicious baking recipes with me!
Which varieties are suitable for roasting nuts?
Virtually any variety you like - from walnuts to cashew nuts to peanuts. Warning: hazelnuts, for example, have a very strong taste of their own.
Do the nuts have to be pre-roasted?
No. You can bake them in the oven for 5 minutes, then coat them with the spice-sugar-salt mix and roast them again for about 10 minutes. The first step can, however, be skipped. After baking and cooling completely, the nuts are wonderfully crispy.
Can you also use already salted, roasted nuts?
Yes, but be sure to leave out the salt in the recipe and keep an eye on the baking time.
Can honey-salt-nuts be prepared vegan?
If you use agave syrup or rice syrup instead of honey, the nibbles are vegan.
Are Roasted Nuts Healthy?
Everyone has to decide for themselves. Healthier than bought (and chips etc) in any case. Despite the sweetener, the roasted nuts are low carb; the amount of honey and sugar can also be reduced.
I hope you like the roasted salty honey nuts as much as we do! If you feel like having more snacks, you can also try my roasted chickpeas, sweet potato chips, crackers or grissini.
- 400 grams of nuts and kernels
- 40 grams of honey or agave syrup
- 20 grams of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or butter
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of spices see tips
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard optional, see tips
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees top and bottom heat. Heat honey and sugar in a small saucepan and dissolve.
- Put the nuts and kernels in a large bowl. Oil, sugar-honey mix, salt and spices with it; Mix everything together very well so that the nuts are completely coated.
- Spread the nuts on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for around 15 minutes, turning once or twice. When they cool down after baking, they become nice and crispy.
- A great base are, among other things, unroasted and unsalted cashew nuts, peanuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts and sunflower seeds. If you already use (dry roasted) salted nuts, you can of course leave out the salt in the recipe.
- Mixtures such as Ras el Hanout or curry, but also paprika, cumin, pepper or chilli are suitable for seasoning.
- The nuts will keep for at least 2 weeks if they are well cooled and packed airtight
- Where can I register for gigolo work
- Do I interpret confidence intervals correctly
- What is the difference between Facebook and Tumblr
- Did the Romans fight Persia
- How is Pakistan's economic growth
- How do I make a diet
- What is something that is incredibly true
- How useful is content marketing
- TikTok is owned by Instagram
- How many kilometers is 13 4 miles
- Is tolerance mental or physical
- GoDaddy offers free hosting
- What do the people of Arunachal Pradesh eat
- Who will benefit from the revenue from space mining
- How do childhood trauma affect adulthood?
- What are Reddit's alternative websites
- How many square miles is Idaho
- What is b2b2c
- How do authors promote their novels
- Is there racism in Vietnam
- Which city has the most impressive skyline
- Who is more of a conservative libertarian or republican
- Which vegetables are the least nutritious?
- Is Putrajaya Kuala Lumpur worth seeing