There is no cure for psoriasis on the scalp
Scaly lichen - home remedies for daily care
Psoriasis home remedies such as oils, baths, poultices and the like cannot replace medically prescribed psoriasis medication. And yet they are an indispensable part of everyday life for many patients - the right care can soothe inflamed skin, loosen dandruff, relieve itching and help to relax. Here you will find valuable tips on how you can support medical treatment.
Psoriasis Home Remedies: Oils and Creams
Dry skin and scalp that are flaky and itchy need moisture - often several times a day. If it is also inflamed, sore and cracked, oils and creams with valuable fatty acids and vitamins can promote the healing process.
When applying lotion, patients rely on the following home remedies for psoriasis:
- almond oil: is absorbed slowly, can soothe stressed skin and has a pleasant smell1
- Evening primrose oil: is available in the form of creams, ointments or lotions in pharmacies or health food stores; should make the skin supple and keep it moist1
- Black seed oil: this oil is said to have anti-inflammatory and many other health-promoting properties;2 For psoriasis it can be applied directly to the affected skin or - with the correct dosage - taken orally
- Hemp oil: rich in omega-3 fatty acids and numerous vitamins; Can be used externally as well as orally in psoriasis3
- Jojoba oil: According to studies, the oil can accelerate the healing of plaques with regular use4
- Shea butter: has a high fat content, can provide moisture and contains vitamin A, among other things
For psoriasis on the scalp, slightly warmed olive oil or coconut oil are also suitable as home remedies. Apply this to the affected areas and leave it on for about 20 minutes. After that, rinse it off thoroughly with water. You can repeat the application several times a week as needed.
As a general rule: Psoriatic patients should use natural products that do not contain any additives such as perfumes.
And what home remedies are good for psoriatic arthritis?
In many patients, psoriasis is also accompanied by inflammation of the joints; doctors then speak of psoriatic arthritis. In addition to oils and creams for skin care, those affected with psoriasis like to use other home remedies to relieve pain in the joints.
This is for example Cold compresses Cold can reduce inflammatory reactions. However, direct skin contact should be avoided during application, otherwise there is a risk of frostbite. It is best to wrap a tea towel around the cool pack and then hold it against the painful joints.
There are also a variety of herbal remedies that can be used for joint inflammation. The most scientifically proven anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects can be found at the root of the african devil's claw show which can be taken, for example, in the form of tablets.5
For external use, you can use herbal-based analgesic and anti-inflammatory ointments in addition to drug therapy. Comfrey root extract products may have pain relievers.6
In addition to the herbal remedies, there are also some dietary supplements on the market that are supposed to increase joint mobility. The best-known preparations contain glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, physiological components of articular cartilage. However, when taken orally, the substances do not reach their site of action on the joint in sufficient quantities, so that the effectiveness of the preparations could not be proven in clinical studies.7
Psoriasis Home Remedies: Baths and Showers
For many psoriasis patients, the complexion improves after a vacation by the sea. The Dead Sea in particular is very popular as a travel destination due to its particularly high salt and mineral content. After a Salt bath Dandruff dissolves more easily, the stressed skin calms down. But you can also easily enjoy a salt bath at home. Let your tub fill with warm water and add about a kilo of sea salt from the pharmacy. But be careful - caution is advised with this psoriasis home remedy: The natural fat layer of the skin suffers if the wash cycles are too frequent or too long at temperatures above 35 degrees Celsius.8
The important thing is also subsequent care: Oiling can prevent the skin from bathing and showering too much Moisture is withdrawn. Alternatively also come Oil baths as a home remedy for psoriasis (for example with a few drops of almond or black cumin oil). When choosing bath products and shower lotions, pH-neutral products without additives should generally be used.
Tip: If the nails are particularly affected by psoriasis (nail psoriasis), you can take a finger bath several times a week. To do this, put marigold blossoms or a little almond oil in a bowl with lukewarm water and dip your fingers in it for about ten minutes.
Psoriasis Home Remedies: Cooling
The plaques often itch so badly that those affected can hardly bear it. To stop the itching, they scratch themselves, which can further damage the inflamed areas and lead to infection.
As an alternative, cooling home remedies for psoriasis are available for itching:
Envelopes: Moist compresses with cold water have a pleasant cooling effect and can have a very beneficial effect on stressed skin. You can sometimes achieve an additional positive effect if you add some apple cider vinegar to the water beforehand. Alternatively, you can soak the envelope in cooled black tea, as this contains a lot of tannins.9
Indoor climate: Turn down the heating, especially in the bedroom, and ensure that there is sufficient humidity.
clothing: Make sure you wear loose, loose clothing made of breathable fabrics such as cotton or linen.
You can read more tips on treatment in our text Help with psoriasis.
Psoriasis Home Remedies: Relax
- Is Harry Potter really a half-breed
- Can games be played like
- What is considered American literature
- How do I enable cookies on the iPhone
- Is the Czech Republic a forgotten country
- How can I address girls at parties
- How do I do the directory submission
- You can legally own property on Mars
- Could spiders live on Mars?
- Why do plants make seeds
- What is the best remedy for cancer
- Income inequality is immoral
- How would I describe a calm person
- Is China an anti-muslim country
- Is dark matter a gas
- How can I sell my OneCoin
- How is the transport in Amritsar
- Why is there socio-economic inequality
- Why has human life expectancy increased?
- There are different ounces
- Are aquariums cruel
- Why Should We Learn To Go In 2020
- Should Quora get away from profile pictures
- Did Andrew Johnson actually break the constitution?