Can a child ask questions about Quora
Create an FAQ page that really helps customers - with examples
An FAQ page is something like the essence of your website: The most important things are precisely formulated and listed quickly and easily. This is why FAQs are so valuable!
On the one hand for your customersbecause they quickly get answers to important questions. On the other hand for you: You can convince new visitors with crisp answers, you also save time (because many customer inquiries are superfluous) - and you can take your search engine optimization a big step forward!
In our article we are dedicated to the “FAQ about FAQ”: We show you the advantages of the “Frequently Asked Questions”, show examples and give practical tips on how to optimize your FAQ list.
What does FAQ? FAQ comes from English and stands for "frequently asked questions “- in German“ frequently asked questions ”. A FAQ is a subpage with exactly these questions and the corresponding answers.
What are the benefits of having a FAQ page on your website?
- Time saving. Customers today intuitively click on FAQ pages if they have questions. This saves you a lot of questions by email or phone call.
- SEO. The goal of Google is to provide answers to questions. This is exactly what FAQs do! That is why the pages are very good “feed” for Google. In the best case, you can even land in the highlighted answer boxes (snippets) from Google.
- trust. A well-written FAQ page is a testament to experience, because you have an answer ready for all important customer questions.
By the way: An FAQ page is also very helpful for search engine optimization (SEO). Ultimately, the reason is very simple: Search engines give positive ratings to websites that provide users with good answers. And that's exactly what an FAQ page is all about.
Bring your business online. With Jimdo.
Which questions belong in the FAQ?
What questions do your customers ask themselves?
First, just collect the questions that you get regularly asked by customers. It can help to simply go through your email inbox or take a look at Facebook.
Also, try to put yourself in the shoes of a customer and find out what other questions they might ask themselves: What makes them hesitate when making a purchase? How can you take away his doubts?
Check out the websites of the competition
A look at the competition is always helpful - also with the FAQ! Don't be afraid to adopt good ideas. Of course, this is not about “copy and paste”, but rather a meaningful transfer to your own business.
Uses Google, Quora and other services
Make use of the suggestions for completing Google: Simply enter the first few words of a question on Google and see what suggestions Google makes. It is precisely these keywords that are often entered by users on Google.
At the end of the Google search results page you can also find further questions on the topic under “Similar Searches”.
In addition to Google, you can use free online services such as Quora or Answer the public. Quora is a website that was specially developed for answering questions and shows you the latest questions on selected topics.
On Answer the public you can enter a certain keyword (also in German) and you will receive the most frequently asked questions about this keyword. You can include all relevant ideas to create your FAQ list. In general, the most important keywords for your website show you which topics you can formulate FAQs on.
Tip: For a good FAQ page, we recommend answering general questions about your industry or your product - and not just questions about your company.
For example, if you sell children's shoes, you could answer a question like "How do you measure a child's shoe size?" In this way, you will be found by people who are looking for children's shoes, even if they did not know your product yet. It's that easy ... now they know your website and you may have new customers.
FAQ examples and the best tips
Very important: Your FAQ page must be designed to be uncomplicated and user-friendly. These principles can help:
1. Name the subpage “FAQ”: If your FAQ page is called like this or alternatively “Frequently Asked Questions”, visitors will know immediately what they will find there.
2. Asks the questions in the 1st person singular (“I”): This is how you formulate it from the customer's point of view.
Clear question: "How can I make an appointment?"
Complicated question: "How is it possible for customers to make appointments?"
3. Uses the question-answer format: An FAQ page should only contain questions and the appropriate answers. For information that goes beyond a single question, you'd better formulate another question.
4. Keep the answers short: Your customers will thank you for getting a direct and quick answer to their question. Answers in short paragraphs of less than 100 words are best. If the question is too complex for a short answer, break it down into several questions.
5. Answer the questions precisely: Each question should be answered clearly and clearly. Your visitor would like to get an answer here and now and not have to search for it on other (linked) subpages.
Question: What is my right of return?
Clear answer: You can return all items free of charge within 30 days of the order date. Just send us an email with your order number and we will send you a return label.
Unclear answer: You can find our return policy here (Link).
6. Clearly answers yes / no questions: Answers like “maybe”, “in individual cases”, “depending on” will not get your customers any further - try to give clear answers.
Question: Do you also deliver outside your home?
Clear answer: Unfortunately we currently do not deliver outside the home. However, we are happy to prepare our meals for you to pick up.
Unclear answer: Although we recently also offered a delivery service, this service is currently difficult for us to implement, as we focus on the preparation of high-quality dishes in our restaurant.
7. Uses understandable language: Avoid jargon in your FAQ and use simple sentences. It's best to ask a friend or colleague to test your FAQ for clarity.
8. Shows personality: A FAQ area doesn't have to be boring! As on the other pages, write in your brand style (humorous, casual, dignified, etc.).
More ideas for good FAQ questions
Still not sure how to create your FAQ? Here are more ideas on what to write about in your FAQ list:
- Your shop guidelines including the right of return
- Your delivery area
- How quickly you process orders
- Information a customer needs to choose the right product, such as: B. Choosing the right size
- Little known facts about your products or services
- General rumors or myths about your product or your industry that you want to educate about
- Your opening times
- Things that a customer needs to know before using your offer - for example in the case of a holiday home
Do you have a FAQ section on your website?
Bring your business online. With Jimdo.
- How do RFID tags work
- Can you be obese and healthy
- What are the main concepts in psychology
- Is the brainwashing of the media people
- How did you get to know your partner 2
- What constitutes beauty 1
- Is there such a thing as a fifth dimension
- Which ad network is better
- What does IV mean in Pokemon GO
- What are our problems of the 21st century
- How does principal component analysis work
- Should I buy a Louis Vuitton replica
- Where can I effectively post my links
- How do the Russians feel about 9 11
- Likes South Korea India
- What does it mean to discover life on Mars
- The RIL share is manipulated
- Do Indians get respect abroad
- Are predators smarter than prey on average
- What inspired the TV show Futurama
- What are the big data processing technologies
- What is most despised about MLM
- Can dark matter be captured
- There is money in drop shipping