Nike is an American company
Sporting goods manufacturer from Berlin Download company profile
Nike is an American sporting goods manufacturer named after the Greek goddess of victory. In addition to shoes and clothing of all kinds, Nike also produces accessories and sports equipment such as balls, bags and heart rate monitors for almost all common sports. The group is the world leader in its market segment with a share of around 30 percent.
Nike is headquartered in Beaverton near Portland, Oregon. Production is mainly carried out by contract companies in Asia such as Yue Yuen Industrial from China. A large part of the shoe production takes place in Indonesia, but there are also supplier companies in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and America. Approximately 650,000 people work in over 700 Nike supplier companies worldwide. Nike itself employs over 30,000 people on six continents.
Nike includes branches such as Cole Haan Holdings, Converse and Hurley International. The company operates its own stores worldwide, in Germany there are over 500 and in Switzerland and Austria together over 100. The first department stores were opened under the name Nike-Town in the 1990s.
Nike spends about 14 percent of its annual sales, nearly two billion US dollars, on advertising. The breakthrough in this regard came with the binding of basketball player Michael Jordan in 1984, with whom collections were designed. Nike sponsors athletes such as Tiger Woods, Christiano Ronaldo, Roger Federer and the Manchester United soccer team.
The predecessor company was founded in 1964 by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight as a sales organization for Japanese sports shoes from the Onitsuka Tiger brand. It was not until 1971 that Nike started producing shoes itself. The success story began with the initial specialization in running shoes. The move to Europe followed in 1978. The competitor Converse was bought in 2003 and in 2007 the English brand Umbro was taken over.
The sporting goods company came under public criticism because of abuses in supplier companies. The allegations were exploitation and child labor. Nike countered these allegations, among other things, by publishing the list of suppliers and a code of conduct. (jb)
Significant competitors of Nike
Sports goods manufacturers from Berlin are Adidas, Asics, New Balance and Puma. The brands of Nike
Sports goods manufacturers from Berlin are Converse (sports shoes) and Nike (sports shoes).
Sporting goods manufacturer from Berlin is a company in the sporting goods manufacturer sector. The company profile is in preparation.
- Doctors are rich in America
- When does Karnataka become independent from India?
- What exactly are cookies
- What foods do rich people buy
- How difficult is clinical psychology
- Where do zombies come from
- How is Stanford's campus culture
- How do you boot from a CD
- Does naturalization invalidate foreign citizenship
- Which email autoresponder is better
- What makes you proud to be an Ethiopian
- What is the highest IPv6 address
- Can you swim with blue whales
- What kind of nutrition is good for your health
- What are the current health problems
- How is a job search outsourced
- Stingrays use their barb to hunt
- What is the best exercise for general fitness
- What is a nonlinear data structure
- Why is American Chinese food so great
- Pancreatic cancer is rare
- What makes hypochondria hypochondriac
- Are Indiamart's leads fake?
- What's keeping your relationship going