Why do companies need marketing
Why a content marketing strategy is important for businesses
A content marketing strategy is important for brand companies because this is the only way to achieve the corporate goals in content marketing. Basically, a well thought-out content marketing strategy is all the more necessary, the more employees are involved in the process, the greater the number of different formats and the more diverse the target groups and topics.
2017 | book
Content Marketing in Practice
This textbook shows in concrete terms how the new form of communication content marketing can be successfully implemented in a company. The prerequisites are clarified and practical guidelines for implementation are developed.
If there is no concept for content marketing, there is a great risk that the employees in the departments will get bogged down in individual action projects and waste a lot of resources without achieving strategically effective success. Without a coordinated process between marketing, communication and sales, there is a high probability that leads, i.e. inquiries from potential new customers, will be lost. Thus, without a content strategy, the company loses customer and sales potential.
Important Steps in a Business Content Marketing Strategy
Content marketing has a natural effect similar to that in customer contact for business initiation. Customers have questions and problems. With content marketing, companies offer answers and solutions in the form of relevant and helpful content. In doing so, you build trust and gain reputation. The greater the commitment, the greater the success in content marketing. Companies gain more attention, visibility and leads and thus new customers. You can build trust through expertise and reputation, minimize the risk of making the wrong purchase decision, and promote customer relationships and satisfaction. They also win new customers through sales promotion, increase website traffic and length of stay, and generate recommendations. You can also gain qualified inquiries from well-informed users, strengthen brand positioning and promote branding. Good content marketing is also noticeable through savings in advertising costs, generates synergies and sharpens the brand profile.
To create a content marketing strategy, a systematic approach with the four phases of analysis, strategy, implementation and control is recommended. This is also made clear by the following illustration of the content marketing strategy model.
- analysis: Customer Buyer Persona, Market, Competitors, Trends
- SWOT analysis with strategic and tactical recommendation
- Content audit to assess existing material
- Target image: Core story with messages and a communication concept
- strategy: Positioning, stories, key figures, publications
- Content production with processes, tasks, project plan
- Content measures:Cross-media campaign
- Content management:Staging of the contributions: topics, media, formats
- Governance: Guidelines, corporate identity / design
- Evaluation:Monitoring, dashboards, tools and KPI measurement
The roadmap makes it clear that developing a content strategy requires both time and financial resources. The individual measures and steps required for this are explained in detail in the chapter "Content Marketing Strategies" (page 73) in the Springer book "Content Marketing in Practice".
Example Red Bull: high investments
Red Bull invests billions in content marketing. The company invested an eight-figure sum for Felix Baumgartner's jump from a height of more than 30 kilometers. As a result, Red Bull filled the media for days with all variants of the story. By combining content marketing with event and sports marketing, Red Bull was able to attract attention for its own topics. The high reach of the content campaigns secure the positioning of Red Bull as the market leader in the energy drink segment and ensure a high degree of brand awareness. Red Bull invested around 1.4 billion euros in content marketing in 2012 alone.
Key questions for strategy development
Before developing a strategy, companies should answer the following questions through research, analyzes and strategic concepts. This includes the following strategic points, which provide orientation for companies in finding a strategy.
- Analyze target customers: In order for content to stand up to the competition, companies have to analyze their desired customers carefully. Who is the target group? What is she interested in? Which questions do you have? To do this, you create the Customer Buyer Persona.
- Define company goals: The content marketing goals are derived from the strategic company goals, for example: How do we win and retain customers? For acquisition, contacts have to be established in order to fill the sales channel. With regular customers, it is important to create positive experiences on a regular basis in order to promote loyalty and recommendations
- Find target customers: Companies have to align customer needs with goals. Unique benefit arguments have to be worked out to differentiate from competitors.
- Create a story map: In addition to the goals, companies have to define their stories in order to convey the content with storytelling.
- Monitoring: While listening, social media channels are observed, customer conversations and monitoring are analyzed. With the results, companies can identify the channels on which their target group is present.
- What is the deadliest profession
- Why is Mexico so dangerous
- Would you live in the world of Harry Potters
- How does lamb taste
- Which sales rep CRM Who uses this
- Is death just eternal darkness
- What did Aristotle say about knowledge
- How can diamonds get scratched
- Why do women hide their breasts
- How should I deal with business competition
- How is Google AMP
- Is there a Chinese nation overseas
- How is Geico successful
- Do male narcissists prefer younger women
- What is the dirtiest business area in Singapore
- How to feed a Sulcata tortoise
- What are the pros and cons of hedonism
- How is it healthier to be a vegetarian?
- What is adult education theory
- What is the most isolated society
- Learning Chinese is a good idea
- What happens when you turn 50
- Why am I losing weight so quickly
- What is the best epoxy floor coating