What is general science
Table of Contents
- Freedom of Science
- Criticism and Outlook
Science aims to gain knowledge (research) and impart knowledge (teaching), using recognized and valid methods and publishing or including results. In a certain sense it is unconditional and open to results, unlike Christian theology, for example. Western philosophy can be seen as the mother of several individual sciences. These are characterized by a clearly identifiable subject area. Physics is devoted to inanimate nature, biology to animate nature, and psychology to human experience, behavior and consciousness. There are rational or empirical, general or specific methods that are explained and justified in the philosophy of science (a branch of philosophy).
Western philosophy, as it developed in ancient Greece, turns away from religious explanatory models. It includes science and epistemology, ontology and ethics and has strong references to mathematics and natural science, with protagonists such as Thales, Pythagoras and Democritus. Plato's in 387 B.C.E. School founded in Athens (Platonic Academy) is one of the first teaching companies. His student Aristotle is one of the most important philosophers of all and in some respects one of the first modern scientists. Science had some high points in the Renaissance, as well as in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries; in the Orient the Middle Ages were their heyday.
Freedom of Science
Scientific freedom (or academic freedom) has its origins in the Platonic Academy and includes freedom of research, teaching and learning. It is a fundamental right and anchored in the constitution in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Freedom of research means that researchers have the right to strive for scientific knowledge in a self-determined manner in terms of content and method, while academic institutions have the duty to create the appropriate framework for this. While research and development have to be free with a few exceptions, their use can certainly be regulated. Freedom of teaching (a form of freedom of speech) is the lecturer's right to design the teaching independently in terms of content and didactics.
Criticism and Outlook
Science can look back on a success story that goes back thousands of years. It has conquered diseases and removed disabilities, made aircraft, computers and robots possible, and conquered space, it is the basis and engine of the economy and, like art, a source of happiness. At the same time, it is exposed to hostility more than ever, from political strategists, opinion makers, conspiracy theorists, fundamentalists and esotericists - and gets into compulsions and dependencies. It is precisely against this that serious criticism is directed, as well as against experiments and results that harm animals and humans. Scientific operations and communication are evidently to be realigned. The ethics of science may work out the breeding ground, the framework conditions and the boundaries of science as well as the consequences of a pseudoscience.
- What does lead poisoning do to you
- Why is Quora removing my questions
- What is the concept of labor law
- Why is animal welfare important to agriculture
- Startups in Singapore are hiring new graduates
- What is the definition of unlimited government
- What is 23459 0
- Dropshipping is an outdated business model
- Top infertility treatment
- What are the benefits of CPM
- Who found pasta
- Is Dagcoin better than Bitcoin
- What are bitcoins and cryptocurrencies
- Can a person see another dimension
- How is space exploration profitable
- What is the context in m-commerce
- How is London
- Atoms twist spacetime
- What do you think of submarines
- What is happiness for rich and poor
- Which planet is closest to Mars
- How many marlas are in 150 gaz
- Why is time relative 2
- America will collapse
- Where do all the photons go
- Why is the hypergeometric distribution important
- Croatia was part of Yugoslavia
- What colors make red
- Why is Umbridge hated more than Voldemort
- What do you dislike about Yogyakarta
- When did video games become popular?
- How safe is gallbladder surgery
- What is 250 grams to ounces?
- What color goes best with an orange dress