Why is an apartment called an apartment
Real estate ads: what abbreviations and technical terms mean
EBK, Townhouse or FBH: Abbreviations and technical terms are often used in real estate advertisements. But not everyone understands them straight away. The most important terms and their meanings at a glance.
What does m. F., what does a. A. and what is a townhouse? Apartment advertisements are often provided with abbreviations and technical terms that laymen are not necessarily immediately familiar with.
Sometimes "exclusive townhouses" are sold in real estate ads. Basically, a townhouse is nothing more than a terraced house with several floors in an urban location. The houses often have large windows with French balconies. A small garden is often one of them.
Every now and then, open-house viewings are announced in real estate advertisements. This type of presentation actually comes from the USA, but is also becoming increasingly popular in Germany. What is meant is an open tour. The realtor announces a certain date at which anyone interested - without having to register in advance - can visit the apartment or house without obligation.
Basement, maisonette and penthouse
To describe where the apartment to be rented is located in the house, realtors often use the terms basement, maisonette or penthouse - because they sound more elegant. If an apartment is in the basement, it is a basement apartment or an apartment in the basement. In any case, the floor of the storey in which the apartment is located is below the surface of the earth. A duplex apartment, on the other hand, is usually on the top floor of a house. It extends over two floors, the second floor must be accessible via a staircase inside the apartment. A penthouse is a free-standing apartment on the roof of a residential building.
WM connection, TB and 1 ZKBB
As a rule, abbreviations are used in real estate advertisements for all possible descriptions - in order to accommodate as much text as possible in a small space. Some abbreviations are better known, others regularly raise questions. 1 ZKBB is not a secret code, but simply means that the property is a one-room apartment with a kitchen, bathroom and balcony. You can choose between the abbreviations 1 ZBB (a room with a bathroom and balcony) or 1 ZKBT (a room with a kitchen, bathroom and terrace).
If the real estate ad says something about a World Cup connection in the apartment, it has nothing to do with the World Cup. The apartment is equipped with a washing machine connection. Sometimes apartments also have a TB (daylight bathroom) - that is, a bathroom with windows.
By the way, if you are looking for a bathroom with a tub, you can definitely ignore all the ads that say DB. Because these bathrooms are only equipped with a shower.
The most important abbreviations at a glance
|1ZKBB||One-room apartment with kitchen, bathroom and balcony|
|TG||Underground parking space|
|m. F.||with window|
|WM connection||Washing machine connection|
|NSP||Night storage heating|
|a. A.||on demand|
|VB||Basis for negotiation|
|WM||rent including heating|
your opinion counts
- What is a good rifle for a child
- Do you know someone who hates technology
- How can light bend near heavy objects
- Why did the religions survive
- How has technology improved human relationships
- What do Democrats think of gun control?
- How much do you earn
- Is gravity the fifth dimension
- What causes prostate problems
- What is a good Shopify conversion rate
- Is Bluehost best for shared hosting
- Why are Singaporeans so bad at dating
- Is America a country or a continent
- What are the reasons for learning Latin?
- Are taxis safe in Bangkok?
- Gallstones can be removed painlessly
- Do you know what Kamasutra is saying
- What are the best tools for business promotion
- Is the US Army invincible?
- An eating disorder can be diagnosed
- Has anyone had a spiritual awakening?
- What is not possible in Blogger
- What do you need to bake cookies
- How much do forex partners earn
- How is Discord different from Skype
- Who still buys CDs on Quora Why
- What are the symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome
- Can you eat lemon peel
- Who uses R language at all
- How can you avoid back pain
- Physiology Why is it comfortable to cross your legs
- Are heart disease and CVD the same?
- How was your day
- Which celebrity couples have annoying age differences?