What will make you happy today?
Things that make you happy
Hand on heart: how often a week or even a day, do you actually only fulfill your duties and how often do you do things that actually make you happy? Here I will show you why it is so important to do things that make you happy.
In an ideal world, we would just do what we enjoy. We would be busy all day doing things that make us happy and that we want to do.
But in reality this is often not possible.
Sources of dissatisfaction
There are the small, annoying tasks of everyday life that very few of us feel like doing: cleaning the apartment, going shopping, doing the dishes, hanging up the laundry, clearing the basement, calling the caretaker and ordering a new cable connection.
Sure, that can be quite annoying.
But if you are all in all satisfied with your life, then cleaning the windows doesn't break a tooth.
At least these daily duties do not permanently affect our wellbeing. And if you don't feel like it at all, the garbage can be taken out two days later.
Unfortunately, that cannot be said of our jobs.
Many people are unhappy during the week because they are doing an activity that they cannot do, that is overwhelming or that they simply dislike. The prospect of the weekend is the only thing that keeps these people alive.
Every day they count the hours until the end of the day and every day the days until the weekend.
If you spend eight hours a day doing an activity that you do not enjoy and that may even exhaust you completely, then this has an enormous impact on your well-being.
You cannot be happy if you do things that you can't stand for the majority of each day.
You have to change this situation.
That much is certain.
But that is not always possible immediately.
Perhaps you are currently in a difficult situation, have to pay off your last debts, have just left your partner or cannot give up your secure job because a second child is on the way.
There are times when we have to clench our teeth.
We all know that.
Who is enjoying the exam time or writing 150 applications before even positive feedback comes in?
But should you give up your luck completely because of that?
There are tons of good reasons why you should make sure to do things that make you happy in every situation in your life.
7 reasons for things that make you happy
Because what happens if you often do what makes you happy?
- You are having a good time: You can finally laugh again, relax, celebrate, let yourself go, enjoy, let go, whatever ... You will be fine because you are doing something that gives you pleasure and that alone is reason enough ...
- You get new strength and new energy: doing what makes us happy gives us new energy. It represents an extremely important balance to our obligations. A phase of tension should always be followed by a phase of relaxation. Otherwise we will burn out sooner or later. Our bodies are not made for constant stress.
- You get a new perspective on things: if you often do what makes you happy, your whole focus will shift. You will find it easier to carry out your unpleasant duties because you know that your life is no longer all that.
- You can indulge in anticipation or in pleasant memories and thus double your feelings of happiness: It is easier to torment yourself through 8 hours of boring work when you look forward to your painting course full of anticipation. And the prospect of a sailing trip on the weekend can brighten up some of the week.
- You improve your quality of life: because hello…. Life is more than functioning and more than completing the compulsory program. If you do what makes you happy, you will finally feel again what it means to be alive.
- You get the motivation you need to change your life: Only when you participate a little in the colorful life again will you really notice what you are missing out on all the time. And believe me, there is no going back from there. You want to feel that more often and you deserve it.
- You can try alternative ways of life: Especially if you want to change your life, but don't know exactly how to do it, you should do more often what makes you happy. It can help you figure out which way you're headed. Anyone who is dissatisfied as a teacher can try a tailoring course at the evening school or volunteer at the community center. This is a great way to find out if the new job is for you and if a change would make you happier.
what does that mean to you?
No matter what your life looks like right now ...
If you want to improve the quality of your life, do more things that make you happy.
If you are looking for ways to change your life, do more things that make you happy.
If you have already planned your new life, but just can't / don't want to start doing it, do more things that make you happy.
You can only benefit from it.
Incorporate things into your life that make you happy
And what does that mean in concrete terms?
Do what makes you happy is to find out which activities are fun for you, mean something to you and give you strength.
Whether it's time with the family, doing sports, meeting up with friends, reading an exciting book, singing in a choir, taking a painting course, trying out new cooking recipes or getting a sailing license, it's entirely up to you.
Just write down a list of things you would do more often in an ideal world. Things that you simply feel like doing.
And then look for opportunities to accommodate this activity in your week.
No time is not an excuse.
You can learn a new language on the way to the office. You can get up 15 minutes earlier to do yoga and I'm sure you'll find time to take a painting class or tennis lessons once a week.
As soon as you have found a time slot, note this appointment with yourself in your appointment calendar. And take them just as seriously as your other appointments.
You should be worth it to yourself.
Doing things that make you happy doesn't only feel good.
It will help you get through tough times and not give up. It reminds you that your wellbeing should come first.
It lets you recognize new possibilities and paths and gives you a lot of strength and energy.
What gives you this strength and energy? What are the things that make you happy Leave me a comment. I'm looking forward to it 🙂
- Can Muslims be Freemasons?
- What is your best trip
- What are paradigms? What are some examples
- What is racism in Malaysia
- Strong is polypropylene rope
- Why does the light bend towards the gravitational field
- Who still sends Christmas cards
- How do you prevent oversleeping?
- What are some free video making websites
- How do Shopify and Alibaba work
- How many square miles is Idaho
- Have you ever forgotten something incredibly simple
- Are there changes for vacuum cleaners
- How does glaucoma develop 1
- Are Greta Thunberg's opinions correct?
- Why was Chris Kyle killed
- Protein powders are a hype
- How are buildings usually demolished?
- What is uncritical thinking
- Is Bertrand Russell overrated
- How is sand created naturally?
- What does your room look like 2
- Why are robotic vacuums round
- Where do you usually eat your meals