What are Australian revenue streams
Australia: Facts & Figures from Down Under
Australia is one of the most popular travel destinations for people from all over the world. One of the reasons for this is that there are very few countries that are just as diverse, hospitable and multicultural. Every year around 6 million people travel Down Under. 215,000 visitors come from Germany, Switzerland and Austria alone. They are ready to cover a distance of approx. 16,000 km. The Australian fever seems unstoppable. Due to the tourist industry, the country records enormous financial gains annually, which have become one of the main sources of income for the 5th continent. In 2009 tourism brought in a whopping A $ 25 billion and the trend is rising rather than stagnating. Of the just 23.4 million people (as of 2014), over half a million of them work in the tourist sector.
Population, immigration, baby boom & Co
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, a new Australian is born every 1.46 minutes, one dies every 3.42 minutes, and every 1.46 minutes an immigrant can consider himself lucky to be able to live Down Under. On average, this makes a positive population increase of one person per 1.10 min. If you consider that Australia is 21 times larger in area than Germany, the people on the red continent still have a lot of time until they have adjusted their population density to the European average. With 2.7 inhabitants per km², Australia is one of the most sparsely populated countries on earth (compared to Germany: 229 inhabitants per km²). If you were to relate this ratio of area / inhabitant to Germany, the astonishing result would be that just a little more than a million people lived in Germany. That corresponds roughly to the population of Cologne.
For a long time the 5th continent suffered from stagnation in population growth, which is why immigration to the country was also very easy. Today, however, this is no longer so easy, as the government has changed the family policy in favor of the population and the birth rate is increasing as a result. But the fact that the economy continues to boom despite the global crisis has recently prompted the government to fundamentally tighten immigration policy. Nevertheless, many 1,000 international immigrants enjoy a work visa or even a permanent residence permit every year.
General facts about the country and its people
Here is a small overview of the most important facts about the Red Continent:
- population: 25.5 million
- surface 7,692,030 km²
- Population density: 2.7 inhabitants per km²
- gross domestic product / Population: approximately $ 48,000
- Form of government: Parliamentary monarchy
- Head of state: Queen Elizabeth II
- Houses of Parliament: House of Representatives + House of Lords (Senate) with 150 seats
- National anthem: Advance Australia Fair
- Capital: Canberra
- language: English (Aussie slang)
- Time zones: 3 time zones (CET: +7 / +8.5 / +9.5 / +10), see article time zones
- Phone code: +61
- Aboriginal: Today there are around half a million Aborigines in Australia, around ¾ of whom live in the cities
- Unemployment: 2005 (5,1%), 2006 (4,6%), 2007 (4,3%), 2008 (4,5%), 2009 (5,7%), 2010 (5,2%)
- Religion: 70% Christians, 350,000 Buddhists, 280,000 Muslims, 95,000 Hindus; almost 3 million citizens do not belong to any denomination
- Economy: The most important trading partners are: EU, Japan, USA, South Korea, China, Great Britain, New Zealand and Singapore - the largest economic sectors are:
- Raw materials industry (approx. ¼ of the gross domestic product)
- Tourism (8% of total exports)
- Agriculture (approx. 3% of the gross domestic product)
- Service sector (approx. ¾ of all employees)
Note: Detailed and helpful information on the topics of economy, business transactions, market closures & business travel can be found in the export report Australia.
Information on the tourist industry
Tourism is undoubtedly one of the most important industries in the country. The 5th continent is a sought-after choice for many people of all nationalities, both for living and for traveling. The following is an interesting overview of the various aspects of the tourist industry. The data refer to 2012. According to the Australian government, further increases are expected until 2020.
- ~ 6.1 million international visitors per year
- 1,201,000 New Zealanders
- 626,400 Chinese
- 593,600 British
- 478,900 Americans
- 353,900 Japanese
- 343,600 Singaporeans
- 262,700 Malaysians
- 196,800 Koreans
- 176,600 Hong Kong Chinese
- 159,200 Indians
- 154,800 Germans
- 43,400 Swiss
- Tourism earned ~ A $ 35 billion - A $ 0.9 billion from Germans alone.
- ~ 510,000 Australians are currently employed in the tourist industry.
- 40% of the international visitors are in the age group between 18 under 30 years.
- ~ 150,000 Working Holiday Visas are issued worldwide every year - around 20,000 for German citizens.
- Major tourist regions include Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Tropical North of Queensland, North Coast in New South Wales and Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
You might also be interested in that
First impressions in the video
- Is Indonesia a developing or industrialized country?
- Western Australian police officers carry guns
- Rank Google personal CMS blogs
- What are geological discoveries
- Application of powder metallurgy
- Charles Darwin was a racist
- What is the definition of unlimited government
- Are vitamin B1 and thiamine the same?
- What does conscription mean
- What language is Git written in
- Which countries have the lowest rape rates?
- How does gamification work in the workplace
- Time could be the consciousness of space
- Is there an organized atheist church
- Everyone deserves unconditional love
- What do discord symbols mean
- Can an alcoholic drink moderately
- How dangerous are Tibetan mastiffs
- How do I clean the sofa
- Should protection cities lose their federal funding
- What is the US Customs
- How do you know that something exists
- Obesity Saunas Help You Lose Weight
- What's the most useful acronym