What does Trump think of crypto currency
Trump and Fed want to put cryptocurrencies on a leash
With Libra, Facebook has announced a cryptocurrency that is supposed to stir up global payments. Politicians in the USA have already voiced criticism of the plan. Now President Donald Trump also gave his vote, as reported by the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung" (FAZ). Facebook and other cryptocurrency providers need to be regulated like banks, he tweeted.
According to the US President, he is not a fan of Bitcoin & Co. The digital currencies would have no real value and would open the door to criminal abuse if they were not regulated. The only reliable currency - in the United States and around the world - is the US dollar.
According to the FAZ, the guardians of the dollar from the US Federal Reserve were also critical of Libra. Fed President Jerome Powell on Wednesday raised concerns about privacy, money laundering, consumer protection and financial stability to a House Committee. However, Powell admitted that Bitcoin had established itself as an investment like gold.
Highlight: "We haven't seen widespread adoption [of cryptocurrencies] ... really almost no one uses bitcoin for payments ... it's a store of value ... like gold," says Fed Chair Jerome Powell. "That’s not to say we won’t see it." https://t.co/xpAujlCWBdpic.twitter.com/zhZd6IkuI7- Yahoo Finance (@YahooFinance) July 11, 2019
Libra was the big topic at the Crypto Valley Conference at the end of June. You can find out what was on the program here.
- What is wrong with people
- What discovery was not made
- Which Steam game should I get
- Which is the best blog against YouTube
- YouTube is an example of affiliate marketing
- Is it illegal to buy essays?
- How close are we to the technical singularity
- How does the army pay its soldiers
- What is the TikTok shadow ban
- How fast should my website load
- Are there any health benefits to being torn apart
- What are healthy pre-workouts
- What are the Greeks called in the Bible?
- How does market segmentation help companies
- All culture is a social construct
- Why do Americans love guns
- Is 100 a lot for an American
- Are philosophers happy
- Is it okay to eat at midnight
- How is your letter
- How much does a cubic meter cost
- Why are humans against domesticated pet foxes?
- Why are Malaysians so polite
- Is the Indian diet healthy?