Can I call my child Jesus
Which first names are allowed?
You can't call your children that
What are the names of the children in Styria?
One of the most difficult tasks for parents-to-be is searching for a name. Some parents already know what their child should be called from the start, while this decision is not so easy for others. In 2017, 11,385 children were born in Styria. The names of 5,925 boys and 5,460 girls were evaluated.
These are the top 10 names for boys from 2017:
These are the top 10 names for girls from 2017:
Are there any rules for naming?
Can you call your children what you want? Coke or Nutella, for example? As far as the naming of our newcomers is concerned, certain guidelines must be followed, because: In the last instance, the registry office decides on a case-by-case basis whether a name is unreasonable.
We have summarized the most important rules for you:
- The most important rule for the registry office is that the name must provide information about the gender. If the first choice does not clearly show this (such as Charlie), a middle name must be used. However, a maximum of five first names are allowed.
- In addition, a first name must not offend or ridicule the child.
- Furthermore, the common short form of a given name is permitted, but not pet forms (Tina, for example, is a short form of Katharina, Trinchen would be the not allowed pet form).
- Biblical names with negative associations are also not allowed, but saints' names and other names from the Bible are. So Cain and Jude are not recognized. Jesus can now be called your child, among other things because it is a common name in Spain and South America. With a second name, boys can also be called Maria, if the parents like it.
- Brand names, titles of nobility, place and city names and family names are not permitted. However, Anderson, for example, is a family name with us, but a first name in Sweden. Therefore you can give your child this name. There are also exceptions to the brand names. For example, children have already been named Persil or Sunil. Brand names that are identical to first names may also be given to the child.
- The spelling of the name results from the rules of orthography. A first name from a foreign culture must be given the appropriate accents or special characters.
If you want to give your child a fancy name, you can contact the registry office to find out whether the name is possible. By the way, registrars base their decision on the International Handbook of First Names.
Styria reporter Roland Schmidt asked Michaela Meßner from the Graz registry office what is allowed:
These first names are banned in Austria and Germany
- MC Donald
- Rainer (if your last name is "Zufall")
- Distribution mix
- Vitamin salt
Do you want to have your name changed?
- Austrian citizens,
- Stateless persons or persons of unclear nationality with habitual residence in Austria as well
- Refugees within the meaning of the Convention on the Legal Status of Refugees and the Protocol on the Legal Status of Refugees with Residence or habitual residence in Austria
have that Right to change the surname and first name.
The district administrative authority of the place of residence or the usual place of residence or the last place of residence or usual place of residence in Austria.
What does this cost?
If there is a reason given in the Name Change Act:
Application fee: € 14.30 *)
In the absence of a reason given in the Name Change Act (= other reasons):
Application fee: € 14.30 *)
fixed fee: € 382.60
Administrative fee: € 163, -
In addition, fees may be incurred for enclosures that are part of the application and have not yet been billed.
You can find more information here.(Help.gv.at)
- How is the culture of China
- Would you rather manipulate or be manipulated
- Are harem pants unisex
- Eat Pokemon other Pokemon
- Why do so many people hate patriotism
- What is Pakistani Food
- What is the cheapest nuclear submarine
- Which is the biggest marketing company
- How do I merge two iTunes accounts
- What is your B2B sales strategy for LinkedIn
- Why don't schools teach nutrition and diet
- What are interview questions for freshmen
- Have you ever forgotten something incredibly simple
- Why did GSI acquire Fetchback
- What color is a purple
- How do personal trainers find customers
- What does an Indo-Chinese meal mean
- Why is half of the Colosseum broken
- Can an economy survive without export
- How does Google rate websites
- How long is 40 acres to miles
- Vitamin C is anti-aging
- What are some of the most creative killer kills
- What is Affiliate Marketing 4
- Can lawyers be good business owners?
- When will a person be happy 1
- Paul Dirac is the best physicist of all time
- Who can beat Brock Lesnar in WWE
- How common are Ancestry DNA tests failing
- Why do people think differently
- What is b2b2c
- What is B2B B2C
- The most common problems when playing online
- How about your perfect day