What are submarine restrictions
31.8.1916 Trade with the US by submarine
Attack on "Lusitania" intensifies anti-German sentiment in the US
The German submarine "Deutschland" crossed the Atlantic in June 1916, landed in the USA and returned safely to Germany.
Since the German fleet had challenged the British naval forces only once - in the Skagerrak battle at the end of May / beginning of June 1916 - the German naval command was more likely to pursue the strategy of an unrestricted submarine trade war against Great Britain: British waters were declared a war zone, yes In 1915 the merchant ship "Lusitania" was sunk. The sinking of the "Lusitania" intensified the anti-German mood in the USA and, in the long term, led to the abandonment of its neutrality policy.
No comfort, but lots of volunteers in the submarine fleet
The submarines used in World War I only stayed under water for a short time. The diving maneuvers were complicated and were only carried out to shoot down torpedoes. The room for the operating teams was cramped and hot. The casualty rate was 40 percent, but the submarine fleet was never short of volunteers.
The spokesman is the submarine captain Paul Leberecht König.
The speech in the summary
The old entrepreneurial Hansa spirit, German intelligence and energy created the world's first merchant boat "Germany" / Despite the English blockade to America and back / German-thinking people in America / Kind providence, conscientiousness and courage of the crew made the journey successful / Wants to serve peaceful trade in the middle of the world war / fight for the freedom of the seas ".
Date of recording: 31.8.1916
Source: German Broadcasting Archive (DRA)
Duration: 1:15 min
- What do small businesses think of Trump
- When does the BNoin exchange begin?
- How do I get followers on Quora
- Which is safer Apple Pay or PayPal
- What's the salary at ONGC
- Why shouldn't Fortnite be free
- Goat is white meat
- Where can I sell gold jewelry
- Is Donald Trump really a nationalist?
- Why is divinity not spirituality
- What should every Singaporean know
- Smoking 1 cigarette a day is good
- Why do people always forget my name
- Salazar Slytherin had some good points
- Why is labor so cheap in China?
- What is it about pulsars that fascinates you?
- New Zealand has dangerous animals
- What is cylinder block in the engine
- Why did Crassus fail in Parthia
- Why is the word uppity offensive
- Does Adam DAngelo have Aspergers Syndrome
- How do I start a premium Snapchat
- Why are seafood eaten regularly in Japan?
- Do Indians get respect abroad