What is sales job
Job enrichment - this is how you develop your employees
In addition to recruiting new employees, you as HR have one main task: to retain and retain skilled workers that have already been recruited. Use job enrichment for this. We explain how you can easily enrich your employees. And of course your company too.
Regular and uniform recording of employee performance makes potential visible more quickly. Find out more here.
Companies that strive for sustainable economic success must first of all set themselves the goal of promoting and motivating their own employees and, above all, professionalizing their willingness to perform.
One possibility on the way is to motivate employees with the usual methods - from incentives to further training to reward. In the case of long-term employees, however, the approach has to be different so that routine and monotony of everyday work do not lead to frustration and subsequently to work according to regulations or even to termination. But which approach is that?
Job enrichment is the magic word. Give the employee more responsibility in the organization of his job, enrich his area of responsibility. And him as a human. We'll show you how to do it.
Performance conversations that evolve
Record all information from employee appraisals in Personio's digital personnel file. This is the basis for a strategically designed job enrichment.
What is job enrichment?
Job enrichment is a personnel development measure. In doing so, you assign the employee additional tasks that are associated with higher demands on his person and his specialist knowledge.
In short: job enrichment is the qualitative expansion of an employee's range of tasks.
The American psychologist Fredrick Herzberg coined the term “job enrichment” in the 1960s. Together with job enlargement and job rotation, job enrichment forms a triumvirate of measures in personnel development. All three measures are finely balanced variants with different focuses and goals.
What does job enrichment look like in practice?
A speaker in corporate communications writes the texts in the monthly newsletter. As part of the job enrichment, the head of communication now also assigns him the choice of topics, thus adding a strategic task to his area of responsibility.
In the joinery of a furniture store, a carpenter is responsible for the “wall cupboards” product family. He assembles the cabinets from prefabricated individual parts. Job enrichment gives him the opportunity, in addition to his technical work, to instruct his colleagues and monitor the production of the individual parts. Before that, the company sent him to a management training course.
You can do that with job enrichment
You can use job enrichment as a so-called vertical restructuring in every area of the company, in every department. Because the transfer of more responsible tasks can be implemented in the CRM team in the same way as in sales, marketing or field service. The result: you gradually professionalize your jobs and positions through job enrichment.
The allocation of high-quality tasks takes care of the "enriched" employees
• a increasing satisfaction with your own, extended actions,
• intrinsic motivation beyond financial compensation,
• Expansion of competencies,
• Promote the Personal development and
• Increase in Sense of responsibility for team, department and company.
Good to know
According to Frederick Herzberg's two-factor theory, the actual work content of a position is considered a “motivator”. "Motivators promote satisfaction and are also performance-enhancing". This means: Expand the work content via job enrichment.
What are the benefits of job enrichment for companies?
Job enrichment not only brings benefits to the "enriched" employee, your company also benefits from it.
- Employer branding supports higher job satisfaction among the workforce
- No underload or bore-outs, especially for long-term employees
- Stronger employee loyalty to the company
- Greater identification of the workforce with the company
- Job enrichment serves as preparation and qualification measure for promotions - so you can quickly find out which employees are really suitable for higher positions.
Danger! New challenges for employees are good as long as they don't turn into overload. Choose your employees carefully. If the workload is too high due to extended tasks, you should first relieve the employee in other areas in order to prevent demotivation.
Make full use of potential
A performance management process helps you to drive the personal development of your employees. You can find out how to set up such a process in our guide.
How do you use job enrichment correctly?
For you as a HR manager, job enrichment is a powerful tool in the context of HR development. With job enrichment, you are able to support each and every employee in a targeted and individual manner - by strengthening their strengths. In practice this is utopian, which is why you should use job enrichment strategically and, above all, transparently. B. as part of your performance management.
Keep job enrichment in mind, for example when planning a training and further education concept. When your employees realize that you as HR are specifically aiming to enhance the importance of positions and positions through personnel development measures, the motivation in the workforce to want to gain further qualifications also increases.
With job enrichment you not only raise the qualifications of the employee, but also him or her to a higher level. He willingly and self-motivated takes on more responsibility, increases the effectiveness of his work - for his own benefit and that of the company.
Tips for implementation
As HR, you can carry out the personnel development measures, but you need the managers for this. Because only they know their employees well enough to be able to correctly assess their potential. The first thing to do is to identify whether the employee you want to develop is interested in it at all and is also professionally capable.
Employee and feedback interviews, for example, help you to make potential measurable and recognizable. This requires an understanding of leadership in your company that is based on mutual trust and communication at eye level - only then will employees express their own wishes and ideas about their own development.
Conduct structured appraisal interviews and receive important information about your employees, e. B. on expectations of one's own job. This template will help you.
Important tasks of HR in job enrichment:
• Check what options you as HR have for using job enrichment within the company.
• Clarify whether there are enough options to give employees new and responsible tasks.
• Check whether the surge in responsibility does not overwhelm the employee in terms of their technical skills!
• Provide the employee with an experienced mentor who will oversee the transition period. It gives the “newcomers” a feeling of security and reliability.
Better performance thanks to better development
If you use and promote your employees according to their skills, it has been proven that they stay with the company longer. To this end, managers set goals together with their employees and document them in Personio.
- What is a separable metric space
- What's interesting in robotics
- Which industries create millionaires
- What are the dimensions of a lot
- Is the Indian accent bad or weird
- How does the exit intention actually work?
- How different is verbal abuse from deprivation
- Why are the submarines afraid of destroyers?
- Malaysia is the first world
- What is the Sanskrit word for dog
- What is it like to be caught shoplifting
- How do I appear offline in Discord
- Why is pizza considered an Italian food
- Why is a digital marketing strategy important
- Which country makes the best carpets
- How is the term of a people used?
- What is the easiest alternative to MailChimp
- Why is youth important
- Why did Donald Trump banned Muslims
- How do people become homeless
- The ancient Greeks and Romans were great
- Is a * b * c a * b * c
- Why is life so overwhelming
- What is the four-dimensional world
- Is the Macbook suitable for drug discovery
- Who likes technical promotional items
- How long do guns and bullets last
- How do I overcome bad life
- When was light created?
- Is pi pi 3 a rational number
- What do Australians eat
- Did Andrew Johnson actually break the constitution?
- A triangle is a strong shape