Can you suggest a good keto diet
From head to toe - everything about beauty, nutrition, fitness and co!
The author is on vacation. That's why we're publishing a blog post from the past few months that gave us a lot to talk about. This article first appeared on December 15, 2016.
Find the mistake from the point of view of the carbohydrate abstainer: This “healthy sandwich” is also made of bread. Photo: Paul Rysz (Flickr)
The nicest thing is to philosophize about diets while lively stirring the fondue or eating the sixth bowl of raclette. The good intentions regarding a future calorie reduction then blossom in the most beautiful colors. Because one thing is clear: the gluttony must end from January.
When it comes to the question of what the best diet is, my male colleagues agree: low carb. So eat as few carbohydrates as possible, but increase the intake of fat and protein - then practically no rice, pasta, bread and Co. land on the plate. With this type of diet, blood sugar should remain constant and insulin secretion should remain low. Why do men prefer this diet? I think it has to do with the fact that many people like to eat meat and fish and can sometimes do without the side dishes.
Due to the high proportion of protein, a low-carb diet is very filling and you lose weight quickly. You shouldn't rejoice too soon, however, because the weight loss of one to two kilos in the first week is mostly due to the loss of water. If you then continue with a strict low-carb or no-carb diet, you will lose weight fairly quickly with the reduced calorie intake, the limited food selection and the resulting ketosis.
The advantages are at the same time the disadvantages: The body loses weight quickly, but who wants to do without pasta, bread or other carbohydrates for a long time? It is also negative that the large amounts of protein, mostly derived from animal proteins, also mean that large amounts of saturated fatty acids are absorbed at the same time. In addition, the intake of protective plant substances (antioxidants and water-soluble vitamins) and dietary fibers, which have a positive effect on the cheap fats, is usually (too) low. The preventive effect on arteriosclerotic diseases, hypertension, diabetes and food-dependent forms of cancer is therefore questionable. In addition, low-carb diets suffer in the long run. And if you eat more balanced again, the kilos are quickly back on.
What can you eat?
High amounts of protein from meat, fish, eggs, milk and dairy products and salads and most vegetables. Soy products, nuts, kernels, sprouts, vegetable oils, types of fruit with little fructose. On the other hand, stay away from all typical side dishes such as rice, potatoes, pasta, bread, cereal products such as flakes, etc., but also from legumes. And of course alcohol, honey, sweets and sugar are taboo.
Common low-carb diets
- You can: In the first phase, carbohydrates are completely avoided; in a second phase they will be approved in small quantities.
- Atkins: The focus here is almost exclusively on proteins and fat.
- Glyx: Differentiation between “good” and “bad” carbohydrates, depending on the effect they have on the blood sugar level.
- Ketogenic: The most extreme form of low carb diet. The intake of carbohydrates is reduced to a minimum.
- Hollywood: Has been known since the 1970s. A very protein-heavy form of nutrition.
That's what the expert says
"I advise against low-carb diets," says nutritionist Barbara Metzger. "The increased fat and protein intake carries risks, especially for people with cardiovascular diseases." Anyone who suffers from kidney, liver problems or gout can make the disease even worse, said Metzger. Headache, muscle cramps and nausea may occur.
"Sensible forms of nutrition for people who are overweight should be carried out indefinitely and combined with more physical activity and behavioral therapy," advises the expert. Most successful is a mixture of complex carbohydrates (50 percent), fiber (30 percent), healthy fatty acids and proteins. “In order to 'kill' any holiday kilos,” says Metzger, “I would rather do a dinner-canceling or at least switch on a partial diet: Here you don't eat any more carbohydrates from 3 p.m. onwards. A fast day a week with vegetable juices and bouillon doesn't hurt either. "
Since I'm not a meat and fish eater, a low-carb diet is out of the question for me. I know very well that a lack of carbohydrates makes me nervous and "merciless". Therefore, for me, a mixed diet, as suggested by the nutritionist, is the most efficient. If I then try to eat as little sugar as possible, the holiday kilos should soon be gone again.
What is your experience with low-carb diets, dear readers? Discuss with.
- Did Jesus believe in evolution
- What are ingenious ways to hide things
- How good is your home studio
- Who buys the stocks we sell
- What sport is practiced in Israel?
- Who came up with the metric unit?
- Is it okay to have paid for sex?
- How is grammar different from punctuation
- Self-help books are still popular
- How was your experience in Thailand
- What is brisk walking
- How effective are WordPress SEO tools
- What are Australian revenue streams
- What does angel number 311 mean
- Can Joe Biden compete against Trump
- What is a SQL Server Instance
- What causes binge eating
- Is sugar alcohol bad for you
- What color is light
- How can you teach someone to empathize?
- Why do diets not work
- Time can exist without matter and energy
- Why is Quora Content Review rephrasing questions
- Why do people still use Facebook
- What are the cons of email
- Is nationalism bad for a country
- How does health increase
- What is the difference between burgundy and champagne?
- What are your personal beliefs
- Underage smokers can be fined
- Masons kill people for sacrifices
- Is margin trading profitable
- People think while meditating
- What happened to Dan Ingall's small talk interpreters