How do I clean a window
The best tips for clean windows
The sun brings it out: a lot of dirt has settled on the window panes. These simple tips for cleaning windows will quickly ensure streak-free windows again.
For many people, cleaning windows is a chore. And in contrast to washing clothes and dishes, it is purely manual work. The few cleaning robots on the market have so far hardly proven themselves and have not caught on. With the right tools, you can quickly get clear panes again by hand.
In apartments with high windows and on upper floors, window cleaning can be dangerous. The upper areas of the panes and frames can also be easily reached on a stable ladder. If you don't want to climb a ladder, you can use a squeegee and puller on a handle.
Sink, alcohol and vinegar: it's all in the mix
The right mix in the cleaning water makes the work much easier. A mixture of warm water and a splash of dishwashing detergent without balm has proven itself. The amount depends on the dirt on the disc, especially on the outside. In addition, a little alcohol ensures that the windshield dries quickly and streak-free.
A dash of vinegar dissolves limescale deposits, a few drops of glycerine should keep the windows clean longer. Caution: Liquid soap in the water leaves streaks. Commercially available glass cleaners in spray bottles are more suitable for small windows, the inside or for cleaning fingerprints from panes or mirrors.
Protect the floor and wash the frame
Before the real work begins, you should protect the floor with an old towel. This protects the carpet or the parquet from ugly stains. Then first wash the frames and dry them with a cloth.
Clean the window with a sponge or cloth
If the water is already dirty, prepare a new mixture for the panes. You also need a clean sponge, sponge cloth, chamois leather or a microfiber cloth. Wipe the window thoroughly with a wet cloth from top to bottom, all the way into the corners and edges. A microfiber cloth dissolves stubborn dirt particularly well. Then use a puller to dry the pane horizontally or vertically, strip by strip from top to bottom.
After each strip, dry the rubber or silicone lip of the puller with a cloth. Finally, wipe the edges of the glass dry. As an alternative, there are squeegees that suck in the dirty water electrically. However, the devices are quite heavy.
Grandma's tip: clean with newspaper
If you don't want to work with a puller, you have to clean the panes dry. Newsprint is traditionally suitable for this because it absorbs moisture well and does not fluff. This doesn't work with paper from magazines. However, the ink quickly leaves black streaks on light window frames. Other drying options are tea towels or chamois leather. A streak-free shine is created if the pane is then polished with a dry synthetic fiber stocking or a fine microfiber cloth.
Soda: all-purpose weapon in the household
Environmentally friendly, inexpensive and versatile: Soda removes stubborn dirt in the household such as burnt-in food scraps in the pan and is also suitable for washing. more
This topic in the program:
My afternoon | 05/03/2021 | 8:15 pm
- Dogs have to eat cooked meat
- What is your favorite place on earth
- Why are many people racist towards Pakistanis?
- What is the scope of social psychology
- High blood pressure is considered a heart disease
- How many relationships really work
- How can I learn about app development?
- Has veganism ever ended your relationship
- Would you rather be smart or rich?
- Should the schools bring beating back
- Have you cheated on someone
- What is com android contacts
- According to scientists, God exists
- How is Google AMP
- What does conscription mean
- How do you manage dramatic team members
- What is the age limit for skydiving
- Are strawberry seeds
- Can Apple Pay support high quality transactions
- Why were cigarettes invented 1
- Are there health risks associated with taking food supplements?
- Which countries will dominate in 2030?
- What is the best topic for Elementor
- Does this symbol have a specific meaning?