Fat people can become pilots
Pilot: The way to the clouds is expensive
The pilot's profession is one of the most respected in Germany - and training is one of the most demanding and costly.
Captain of the skies - if you want to live your dream, you need more than just ambitions. You also need a big wallet.
Most people have a lot of respect for his job. According to a current Forsa survey, the pilot is in third place in Germany, ahead of the doctor and judge, in the most respected professions.
Professional profile: pilot
What one in ten applicants succeeded in doing, Kötter achieved a good 30 years ago: the “basic occupational examination” by the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Hamburg. In addition to fitness to fly, the ability to react, basic mathematical and technical-physical knowledge as well as English skills are tested.
Training to become a pilot
But until an applicant has the necessary license, the “Airline Transport Pilot License”, or ATPL for short, it can be expensive: the training costs up to 60,000 euros. “It's a bit like a vehicle driver's license: How good you are is shown by how quickly you can get your license,” explains Jörg Handwerg.
The flight instructor has already had quite a few candidates sitting next to him who he tried to dissuade from dreaming of professional aviation: "This is a job for which you also need a certain psychological aptitude." Cockpit spokesman Handwerg lists rationality, communication skills and dexterity: "A pilot must have his emotions well under control and must not be too dominant, but also not too passive."
Licenses and field of work
But the preference for one type of aircraft does not determine the actual workplace. “It's a question of the number of positions,” says Jörg Handwerg. Competitive thinking is taboo in the cockpit. Therefore, the person who is at the top of the list according to his or her seniority will be promoted.
Training to become a pilot
The specialist newspaper “Aero International” also reports that there will not be enough trained pilots in the medium term. Long-term forecasts are difficult to make. At least there are considerations to replace the double occupation in the cockpit.
Earning opportunities for pilots
Job prospects of pilots
| Updated: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 12:55 PM
- Where can I learn catia v5
- How often do people change their job
- Functional programming is a stupid toy
- What age group do children fall into
- You can share your diet plan
- Use real guns in movies
- Why are salaries in Canada so low?
- Who led the Eastern Roman Empire?
- Are all passports a standard size?
- What is the most liberal Islamic country
- Is the temperature defined in a vacuum
- Which university is better Oxford or Cambridge
- Why is xenophobia a social problem
- Which languages are endangered
- Are seedless grapes GMO
- Is public transport a public good?
- What fruit or vegetables begin with me
- What is the profitable YouTube niche
- How do we lie
- What is a funnel in marketing
- Why is the word uppity offensive
- Is a narcissist really capable of suicide?
- What are the goals of customer satisfaction
- Where are Bluehost servers located