What is empirical knowledge
The educational adjective empirically means “from experience” or “based on observation”.
In the empirical research can empirical observations form the basis for new hypotheses and theories. Furthermore, hypotheses and theories with systematic empirical observations to be checked.
More synonyms too empirically are therefore also "based on experience" and "tried and tested".
The term has its origin in ancient Greek empeirikós (experienced, knowledgeable).
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[ɛmˈpiːʁɪʃ]
The fact that the population in industrialized countries is becoming more and more overweight does not just show empirical Findings, but can also be seen with the naked eye.
Studies that are inadequate empirically are occupied, it is better to question them critically.
This debate is mainly about very subjective feelings about which topics are supposedly suppressed by the media. With empirically According to Haarkötter, this has nothing to do with documented scientific work.
- What the world didn't talk about in 2015, 02/17/16, time online
Grammar and inflection
|empirically||more empirical||most empirical|
|Feminine||empirical||more empirical||more empirical||empirical|
|Masculine||the empirical||of the empirical||the empirical||the empirical|
|Feminine||the empirical||the empirical||the empirical||the empirical|
|neuter||the empirical||of the empirical||the empirical||the empirical|
|Plural||the empirical||the empirical||the empirical||the empirical|
|Masculine||not an empirical one||none empirical||not an empirical one||not empirical|
|Feminine||no empirical||none empirical||none empirical||no empirical|
|neuter||not an empirical one||none empirical||not an empirical one||not an empirical one|
|Plural||no empirical||none empirical||no empirical||no empirical|
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
falsify - The educational verb falsify means "refute", ...
Autodidakt - The noun der Autodidakt (the self-taught woman) means "self-taught". The...
infantile - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
adequate - content: meaning pronunciation, examples of use, increase ...
authentic - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase ...
- 16 18 is a big age difference
- Where can you see the comments
- Long shorts are just pants
- What counts least for the screw gauge
- What sports is Lakshya Sen related to
- Can we become a doctor?
- What are some famous sunken submarines
- Helps drinking water with cholesterol
- 1 kg of milk is how many liters
- Is Spain a rich country
- Which game needs the most storage space?
- What are the best websites for entrepreneurs
- You can even win in the online casino
- What does physical phenomenon mean
- What does the unemployment rate depend on?
- Why should you outsource app development?
- Which country has the weakest military
- How do I clean a glass tube
- Do daughters enjoy fantasizing about their fathers?
- How do you remember your school life
- Is Donald Trump emotionally immature
- Have you ever been sentenced to death
- Is 16 too old to start boxing
- Is insanity hereditary