Why should one study statistics?
Study Bachelor Statistics10 Bachelor degrees
Image: storm / Fotolia.com
Structure and content of the Bachelor's degree in Statistics
Since statistics is a discipline related to the application, subjects are usually included in the course from which they are derived empirical data can be won. These often include the physics and the Computer science. The introductory phase of statistics consists of mathematical expertise like linear algebra, probability theory and a general introduction to the subject. Discrete mathematics and the basics of algorithmics are developed during the first semester. This is followed by analysis and numerical mathematics.
The students begin to familiarize themselves with the various methods of Presentation of data and the analysis methods familiarize yourself with what can be tried out in the context of smaller project work. In addition, IT competence is built up. The students learn with statistical software to work and also to program and gradually deepen her Knowledge in computer-aided data analysis and analysis. In addition to working with inferential statistics, they also deal with the application of statistical expertise in decision support. They also learn to handle highly complex data, especially using the computational statistics, and deal with finance and actuarial mathematics. Practice periods during the course are common.
- probability calculation
- Interference statistics
- Linear Algebra
- Algorithmic math
- Linear models
- Multivariate statistics
- Vector and matrix calculations
- Discrete Mathematics and Analysis
- numerical Mathematics
- Estimating and testing
- Data analysis
- Stochastic processes
Career prospects after the bachelor's degree in statistics
Due to the elementary importance of statistics for numerous applied and theoretical areashaving worked professionally in a wide range of industries. For example statisticians work in banks and insurance companies, in the pharmaceutical, chemical and biotechnological industries, in administration, in quality assurance, management consulting, in opinion research and economic research institutes, in health care, in environmental protection, in biometrics and medicine as well as in scientific areas of Natural sciences, environmental sciences, social sciences and economics. Furthermore Graduates of statistics, mostly after a subsequent postgraduate degree and a doctorate, also work in statistical research and teaching at technical colleges, universities as well as public and private research institutions.
Is the Bachelor's degree in Statistics right for me?
The Bachelor's degree in Statistics places special demands on students. According to the RIASEC model, these are Investigative orientation (also: researching, intellectual), artistic orientation and Conventional orientation significant. With the study choice test & study choice BOX you can check whether this degree is right for you.
of the StudiScan study choice test
Rating by 1058 users
948 voting results!
Interest in this subject
948 registered study choice test users who have checked their suitability for this subject have their Interest in this field rated with an average of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
- Why did the religions survive
- How are people tied to time
- Genetic weapons are possible
- Who can I speak to confidentially?
- What is the best gingerbread recipe
- Asians discriminate against whites
- How do Shopify and Alibaba work
- What do the Russians think of communism?
- Do you think weight affects the relationship
- What causes most traffic accidents
- How bad is Chow Mein for you
- What is Na in chemistry
- What are some typical interview questions
- What Are Some Good NSFW Life Hacks
- What are the Classifications of Obesity
- What is Base 10 and Base 2
- What makes mathematics the best subject
- Can you eat cancer
- What are you doing on Christmas Day 2015
- Where is the best view in Myanmar
- Singapore is the Israel of Asia
- Long term relationship can work
- Might AI develop narcissism
- Donald Trump loves animals
- Which are the Roman Catholic Churches
- Can we eat soaked peanuts every day?
- Hong Kong is less westernized than Singapore
- How do we get good grades
- Powerful laptops are required for programming and coding
- How do we do ACCA in India
- Which rivers flow into the Mississippi
- Why is the word uppity offensive
- How do I get certified in Salesforce