How does Chipotle make chips
Tortilla chips with salsa
I love tortilla chips - a great snack and essential for a Mexican evening. Since I'm a huge fan of guacamole (you can find my favorite recipe here: CLICK) Of course, I also need the perfect cross-snach. Since I don't find the tortilla chips that I bought really tasty, I kept trying to make crispbread.
And then the other day I was eating Mexican with my loved one and they served homemade tortilla chips in the restaurant - I immediately asked how to make them and found out that tortilla chips are just eighth tortilla flat cakes that you roast in the oven. I wasn't aware that it was so easy, so I made the delicious tortilla chips myself for the first time yesterday for the girls' evening.
For 8 tortilla flat cakes:
- 275 g wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
For the marinade:
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each of paprika powder and chili powder
For the salsa:
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Knead the ingredients for the dough together until you get a soft, no longer sticky lump of dough. If necessary, you can add a little more flour. Coat the surface of the dough with safflower oil and wrap it in cling film. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Then divide the dough into 8 portions and roll out individual flatbreads. You can now bake these in the pan without any additional oil.
- Then divide the cakes into 8 equal parts and place them next to each other on a baking sheet - you need two sheets. Coat the flatbreads with marinade and bake them at 185 ° C for 15 minutes.
- Halve the tomatoes and remove the seeds, cut the tomatoes into cubes. Finely dice the shallot and the clove of garlic. Add the other ingredients, stir everything together and let the salsa soak for at least 30 minutes.
Apart from the salsa, the following dips also go wonderfully with the tortilla chips:
Nacho salsa dip
Boston cheese sauce
Enjoy it, your Tina.
In the mood for mexican?
- Play the future
- What constitutional amendment made slavery illegal?
- What makes a question interesting
- How did the quagga become extinct
- Which is better Reddit Medium or Quora
- What are the nine symptoms of ADHD
- What are toilet cleaners
- Where do Indians live in Singapore
- How do personal trainers find customers
- How bad are the roads in China
- How does PTSD affect your daily life?
- Which YouTube channels should every man follow
- How was Jesus raised to divinity?
- Why do things cool down
- What is your opinion on morning sex
- What are some examples of bravery
- Regret moving to San Francisco
- How much is 8 810 000 worth
- What surprised you about Turkey?
- How does a massage cure sore muscles
- What are the best Indian affiliate programs
- Which unsafe tourist destinations are actually safe
- How long will IFTTT stay free
- Where are the graves of the Roman emperors