Which ad networks accept HTML5 ads?
Web development: HTML5 puts Flash on the sidelines
There are several reasons for the general move from Flash to HTML5. However, there are two main arguments: HTML5 has the status of an open web standard and does not require an additional plug-in. While Flash as proprietary software is under the control of Adobe, HTML5 becomes open and independent in one international body developed and documented. The web standard is therefore available to every software developer without restrictions and license conditions.
Multimedia content is over at HTML5 native audio and video elements as well as the Drawing surface canvas integrated directly into the source code of a website. An additional programming interface such as Adobe Flash Player is therefore not required. In this way, HTML5 circumvents a central security gap that Adobe has not yet been able to reliably close: every additional plug-in that has to be installed in the web browser offers hackers a target. In addition, a separate plug-in is required for each platform. Multimedia content that is embedded in a website via HTML5, on the other hand, can be displayed across platforms, since all well-known browsers are now able to interpret HTML5. Even if Adobe wants to continue to support Flash, the technology is unlikely to develop significantly. Instead, the service will likely be limited to providing security updates.
The new multimedia elements of the Hypertext Markup Language not only put Adobe's proprietary software on the sidelines. Also Microsoft's Flash alternative Silverlight, which is offered as a separate plug-in for various browser models, has to admit defeat. In the Edge web browser, which was presented together with Windows 10, Microsoft does without the plug-in interface. Instead of Silverlight, HTML5 should primarily be used to display multimedia content. Flash content is also still supported, but like Chrome, the player is no longer a plug-in, but a module integrated into the software.
Website operators should also react to this development and convert Flash content into HTML5-compatible formats.
- Are predators smarter than prey on average
- How often do you use wordpress com
- Which business opportunities are often overlooked
- How is Donald Trump really
- How do I deal with a narcissistic father
- Is the temperature defined in a vacuum
- Why are teachers important in curriculum development
- Which affiliate marketing niches work
- What a childish thing you still like
- How many pounds is 1 gallon
- Why do we use washers with screws
- Anorexic stomachs always growl
- What's the story of the jeepney
- How toxic is sugar
- Will YouTube replace blogging
- Why is Quora moderation so ridiculously overzealous
- What is the Prime Minister's term of office
- How does FluidStack
- Is agnosticism a religion
- Sorry to move to Sydney
- How do I install an APAChe Tomcat
- Which NASA missions failed?
- What is RGB
- Are all always happy
- Is diabetes 100 curable or not
- What do you like about goal C.
- What is reinforcement
- What does real poverty mean?
- How to raise blood pressure
- What is Lexicographic Order
- Is there photon matter in the universe
- Is the electron an elementary particle
- Like many brands, Walmart owns