The Russians still hate the Germans
What Germans think of Russians and Russians of Germans
There is great interest in Russia in Germany
Between Russia and Germany a special relationship has developed over the centuries. It is noteworthy that the mutual perception of Germans and Russians still from Clichés is coined. This was the result of the survey carried out by Forsa Society for Social Research in November 2007.
The most important results at a glance:
A total of 86% of Germans are interested in what is happening in Russia (40% very strong and 46% less strong). However, there are significant age differences here. 53% of people over 60 say they have a strong interest in Russia. Interest in the younger population (18 to 29 years old) is rather subdued: only 18% have a strong and 52% less strong interest in Russia.
The image of the enemy now seems to be a thing of the past. 88% of Germans are not afraid of Russia and the Russians.
However, 84% of Germans think that Russia picture in Germany still shaped by prejudice becomes.
In Germany, people associate Russia with:
- wide country - 96%
- social inequality - 90%
- Power consciousness - 87%
- Big cities - 74%
- Growth - 70%
- Arbitrariness - 65%
- Planned economy - 42% (still!)
- Free market economy - 26%
- Freedom - 19%
Germans think the Russians are:
- drinkable - 90%
- hospitable - 88%
- brave - 78%
- emotional - 65%
- generous - 62%
- peace loving - 62%
- state believer - 60%
- educated - 56%
Find out what the Russians want as a gift
Russians see the Germans as:
- on time - 82%
- educated - 80%
- reliable - 77%
- peace loving - 61%
- state believer - 55%
- hospitable - 52%
In terms of culture, Russia is associated in Germany with:
- Music - 40%
(Ballet, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Anna Netrebko, Don Cossack Choir, dances, songs, etc.)
- Literature - 36%
(Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Pushkin, Gorky, Pasternak, Gogol, etc.)
- Cities / architecture - 16%
more about Russia and Russian cities
The media shape the image of Russia in Germany
68% of Germans think that Russia after perestroika the longest phase of the stability experienced (under Gorbachev, Yeltsin and Putin)
45% of Germans believe that Russia in Germany rather negative feelings evokes.
30% however, state themselves Positive With Russia connect to
46% of the respondents hope that the Russians see Germany in a positive light
The rather negative image of Russia seems to have been influenced by the media. Few people in Germany (10%) have a positive impression of Russia from the media.
51% of Germans are dissatisfied with the coverage of Russia in Germany and would like to learn more. Only 36% believe that Russia is portrayed objectively in the media.
Russia and the economy
Most Germans (91%) find one Economic cooperation between Germany and Russia important. (36% very important and 55% important)
62% of Germans hold Russia also for a reliable one Business partner (That is 10% more than in March 2007).
78% believe that good cooperation in the energy sector could have a positive influence on political relations between Russia and Germany.
Exhibition “Our Russians - Our Germans”
The survey was carried out by Forsa Society for Social Research on the occasion of the Exhibition “Our Russians - Our Germans” carried out. The exhibition took place from December 8, 2007 to March 2, 2008 in Berlin's Charlottenburg Palace and was sponsored by WINGAS GmbH. The exhibition showed paintings, posters, photos and everyday objects from Russian and German collections. The patrons of the exhibition “Our Russians - Our Germans” were Foreign Ministers of Russia and Germany Sergej W. Lavrov and Dr. Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
* Image source: Exhibition “Our Russians - Our Germans” (WINGAS GmbH)
- How does a dropship payment system work
- Fencing is an expensive sport
- Is there energy in the universe
- What are important theories in psychology
- How MLMs Avoid Being Illegal
- Why do special forces soldiers wear balaclavas?
- Which mental disorders cause thought insertions?
- What are the worst foods for diabetes
- Hong Kong is less westernized than Singapore
- What does it mean to discover life on Mars
- Why can I bend my knees backwards
- How much does a 1998 Elizabeth coin cost
- Is Indian food healthy
- What is the time in space
- What percentage is 41 kg of 287 kg
- How were Roman roads maintained?
- Steals food to live a crime
- Too much coffee is unhealthy
- How similar are Mongols and Uyghurs
- The United States should have universal health coverage
- What comes after a million billion trillion
- What are different types of mental disorders
- Which organelles do red blood cells have
- When does Karnataka become independent from India?