How much do you earn
And how much do you earn Clearly noticeable wage gap in Germany
The salaries and wage differences in Germany are of interest not only to employees year after year, but also to the Federal Statistical Office. This now shared the average earnings for 2019 with the public. The results of the study not only show the average, but also provide information about extreme wage differentials and underpaid jobs in systemically important occupations.
High merit in the power generation and finance industries
The following values are gross average values, which are accordingly pulled up due to particularly high earnings - therefore the numbers should be treated and interpreted with caution. In addition, special payments such as vacation and Christmas bonuses were not considered. The Federal Statistical Office found that a full-time employee earns an average of 3,994 euros gross per month, which corresponds to an annual salary of 47,928 euros. This number is likely to cause vehement headshakes for some - either because they earn far more or far less. It therefore makes sense to look at the individual values depending on the industry.
This shows that the financial sector, information and telecommunications and energy supply are ahead in terms of earnings. The average monthly salary here is between 5,137 and 5,393 euros. The hospitality industry, on the other hand, brings up the sad bottom with only 2,451 euros per month. A deeper look into the industries also provides information about the individual occupational fields. Despite the climate crisis, earnings from the extraction of crude oil and natural gas are € 6,783 per month, well above the national average. Management consulting is also well paid with 5,699 euros a month. At the end of the ranking, unsurprisingly, the catering trade comes in at just 2,371 euros a month.
The gender pay gap remains in place
There is a gap between earnings not only depending on the industry, but also depending on gender. In many cases women still earn less than men. The unadjusted value of the gender pay gap was 20 percent last year. Differences also become clear here depending on the region: In the new federal states the value is only seven percent, while in the old federal states it is even 21 percent. The reason for this is that it is even more common in the former West for mothers to take time off work after the birth of a child and thus quickly fall into the part-time trap.
The Federal Statistical Office has also found that employed people with a university degree usually earn more. In most cases, earnings also increase with age - in other words, experience pays off.
Significantly less income in systemically important occupations
If the corona crisis makes us aware of one thing, it is that there are jobs without which our infrastructure would collapse completely. But it is precisely in these systemically relevant professions that less is earned. Skilled workers in the food retail sector receive an average of 2,186 euros per month. In the care of the elderly, the average earnings are 3,116 euros per month and for specialists in hospitals it is 3,502 euros - all below the national average. In addition to these gross salaries, there are sometimes special payments.
It remains to be seen to what extent the corona crisis will affect the values for 2020. It is to be expected that, taking short-time work into account, average earnings will decrease. In addition, the gender pay gap could become even larger, as Corona represents a new hurdle, especially for working mothers. At the same time, it is to be hoped that the government will learn lessons from the Corona period and strive for a fair wage policy and fair working conditions in all professions.
- What is the abbreviation for DACA
- What is Iron Man's strongest armor
- Is there racism in East Asia
- Feel fasciculations with ALS
- Are there weed dealers in NYC
- How reliable is a Jericho 941 pistol
- What is a logical paradox
- How many Americans think Jesus is American
- How did Cookie Clicker become so popular
- Pancreatic cancer is rare
- What are the symbols of elements
- Are maps different in different countries?
- How do cats keep themselves clean?
- Is raw honey good for you?
- How low is unemployment now under Trump
- Why is gravity stronger in lunar craters?
- Smart people are more afraid
- What are the best websites for entrepreneurs
- Why are elections important in a democracy
- Why is it dangerous to wash raw chicken?
- What Causes Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Are Mexicans Indians
- What is an attractive euphemism for gamification
- How does a vacuum cleaner work
- What is HasGeek
- Why are celestial bodies called celestial bodies
- Why don't magnetic motors work
- Should I buy floor wiper 360 cleaner
- Which marketing channels do you use
- Donald Trump loves animals
- Is nicotine gum alone harmful to health
- What is Integrated Steel Mill
- What are the properties of sigma notation
- How are hypochondria treated