How can you treat smelly toenails
Smell when cutting toenails
Possible causes of toenail odor
Anyone who cuts their toenails has probably often wondered about a certain smell that is noticeable here. In most cases, this smell under the toenails is just plain uncomfortable and nothing to worry about and can be eliminated with a few simple means.
Unlike the fingernails, the feet get much less air and do not receive as much attention as the hands. In addition, the toenails are much shorter, so that something can easily collect underneath, which gives rise to that special smell. Usually it is a mixture of sweat, dead skin cells and fine clothing fibers that combine to form a mass and more or less “hang” there in front of them.
Table of Contents
However, it should not be forgotten that a disease or infection can also cause an unpleasant odor. Possible are Foot or nail fungus or extremely sweaty feet. If the smell is very strong and bothersome or if there are other changes in the feet, a visit to the dermatologist is recommended to discuss the problem and identify possible diseases.
What can you do about the smell?
There is only one way to prevent the smell or stink regular maintenance. About every three to four days, the Carefully clean the nails from below with a little soap become. The best way to do this is with a nail brush, which should only be used on the feet or toenails in order not to transfer possible bacteria to the hands. The undersides can also be cleaned of impurities with a rosewood stick.
It is essential to ensure that did not use an overly pointed object and not scratched too hard under the nails as this could injure the fine membrane, which in turn Promote penetration of bacteria can.
Who under profuse sweating of the feet suffers should rather too Cotton socks instead of synthetic fabrics. It is also important to them to change daily and always let as much air as possible on your feet.
Home remedies for foot odor
Every now and then you can or should get one Foot bath with refreshing additives such as apple cider vinegar, essential oils or baking soda, for example before cutting your nails, as it is much more effective for cleaning than a simple shower. In addition, not only are the feet happy about this nourishing treatment, it also promises better blood circulation and ensures a bit of wellness at home with a feel-good factor.
Foot deodorant, special foot sprays or even foot powder can also have a positive effect on foot odor and alleviate it.
White, smelly debris under the toenail
If you have a white / yellow smelly deposit (looks similar to cheese), then it could be Nail fungus or some other disease act. With this cause you should act quickly and the Have the nail examined by a doctor. Depending on the type, the attending physician can clean the toenail and also give appropriate tips on care and odor removal, so that the feet are soon fit again.
- How fast can yachts go
- What are the best arguments against libertarianism
- Which profession is the best
- What is the fuel tank function
- Is it possible to buy money
- Working backlinks
- Is yellow journalism legal
- When did Kalpana Chawla die
- Girls will like this pickup line
- Who offers the best cheap WordPress hosting
- How much VRAM does Vega 11
- What surprises you about yourself?
- Closing gun shops will reduce gun violence
- How will Instagram change in 2020?
- Is milk in liters or kilos
- Is Netflix a profitable company
- Is there a nude resort in Thailand
- How effective are WordPress SEO tools
- What is the Longest Lasting FPS Game
- Why are banks closed on federal holidays
- Which universities offer courses on entrepreneurship?
- How are people who buy groceries wrong
- Is it possible to change someone's nature?
- What secures when climbing