How can I sell my 2018 email list
Address trading: Data protection assessment of list broking
The most important information about address trading in brief
- Address trading essentially serves that purpose Direct marketing and is intended to expand the customer base of the buying companies.
- It is basically permissibleTo sell or buy customer addresses. Section 28 of the Federal Data Protection Act allows these processes to be carried out subject to the fulfillment of legitimate business purposes.
- The Consent of the person concerned is usually not necessary if the business interests outweigh their own interests or the data is publicly accessible.
What are the goals of address trading?
The address trade (List broking) is a important instrument in the field of direct marketing. Companies are always looking for potential new customers. To the Expand customer base To be able to and distribute tailored advertising, many resort to buying addresses if there is not enough potential in their own databases.
The companies then turn to Address trader (List broker) who give you an agreed number of Company or private addresses leaves. The potential new customers can then over different advertising measures (Flyer, extensive Infopost, vouchers, etc.) in the hope that at least some of the private individuals will respond and be included in the customer base.
When companies buy company or private addresses, they can too considered different criteria when creating address lists become. If necessary, these can be individualized to the usual target group of the buyer (e.g. location in middle-class residential areas, vehicle owners, smokers, doctors).
In addition, the origin of the addresses allows Conclusions about the interests of the data subjects. Suppose the person concerned buys a new, exclusive kitchen from a supplier. An address dealer can now sell this address data to a company that sells high-quality kitchen utensils. This can then send advertising to the person concerned, who may decide on one or the other equipment for the new kitchen.
But it is not only possible to buy private addresses, but also company addresses. Because even companies can become customers of other companies (for example when selling work machines, specialist books, work materials, etc.).
Address trading is, so to speak, that analog variant for direct marketing on the Internetthat is about the evaluation of user data individualized advertising enables.
Buying addresses & selling addresses: The largest providers in Germany
If companies want to buy addresses that should increase their customer base in Germany, they can turn to a wide variety of locations. Since address trading is a lucrative business, the market is flourishing. Below is a Selection of the currently largest list brokers in Germany:
- Deutsche Post Direkt GmbH
- ABIS GmbH (subsidiary of Deutsche Post Adress GmbH & Co. KG)
- EOS group of companies (subsidiary of the Otto Group)
- Acxiom Deutschland GmbH (subsidiary of a US service provider)
- AZ Direct GmbH (subsidiary of Arvato / Bertelsmann AG)
- Adress-Base GmbH & Co. KG
Buying and Selling Addresses: Is It Legal?
In view of the extent to which the address trade has assumed, the question quickly arises whether it is actually permissible from a data protection point of view to buy or sell address lists in order to deliver individually tailored advertising. Address trading and data protection seem admittedly hardly to get along. The address data of a person fall under the provisions of data protection as personal data. But:
In principle, neither the sale nor the purchase of addresses violates data protection! This is in turn governed by the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). According to § 29 BDSG, the consent of the data subject is not even necessary for the transmission. It suffices if either
- if the interests of the body outweigh those of the individual concerned or
- the data is generally accessible or (e.g. via the imprint of a website)
- the body should publish it.
You might also be interested in:
- Video games are too expensive in India
- What is your greatest virtue
- How many hundredweight are in a barrel
- Jin BTS is underestimated
- How do you say goodbye 1
- Why is visual symbolism a subjective term
- In which dimension does information exist
- What is 28 4 6 15
- What are the secondary colors in art
- What could I contribute to our school?
- What are eating disorders
- How to feed a Sulcata tortoise
- What is infty frac 1 infty
- What is an astronomical unit
- Is the Force Star Wars scientifically possible?
- Why are some singers just not famous
- Which manufacturing product starts without a customer
- Who likes healthy food
- What is product evangelism
- How to make fresh pasta dough
- What do you know about making money
- What are our problems of the 21st century
- What is philosophy in symbolic logic
- What is BTIC