Why is masturbation not considered a homosexual act?
Sexual orientation means the sex to which someone feels sexually attracted with his feelings and desires. The basic sexual orientations include heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality and, for many sexologists, also pansexuality and asexuality.
It looks different with pedophilia. Calling this "sexual orientation" is rejected by most sexologists and medical professionals today. It is one of the disorders of sexual preference.
Heterosexuality means that someone is attracted to people of the opposite sex. At least 90% of people in industrialized countries aspire to be heterosexual (hetero literally: the other, opposite) relationship. Because this sexual orientation is so common, it has long been considered the "normal" orientation.
Someone feels sexually from same-sex people (homo literally: the same) attracted. In common parlance, the term "gay" has become established for male homosexuality and "lesbian" for female. Estimates of the frequency of homosexuality vary, but it is believed that around 10% of men and around 5% of women are homosexual. Usually the homosexual orientation is felt for the first time in puberty, but many people experience this tendency in themselves at first as foreign and react with resistance. This is followed by a process of clarifying feelings and needs for the person concerned, which is often included Coming out, So a commitment to his homosexual orientation leads to it.
In the past, homosexual tendencies and actions were viewed as pathological and made a criminal offense (in Germany until 1974). Today both medicine and the legal system understand homosexuality as a normal variant of sexual orientation, which can also be found in all cultures of mankind.
The question of whether homosexuals suffer from their sexual identity is idle - the number of heterosexuals who suffer from their sex drive is likely to be much greater. On the other hand, even today in our comparatively tolerant culture there are women and men who suffer from their homosexual orientation (as well as from other sexual orientations). The decisive factor is what the individual makes of his sexuality, whether he can integrate it into his life or whether he experiences it as a burden and a threat.
Sexual interest in people of both sexes. Only 1–2% of people describe themselves as bisexual. Most bisexuals report a preference for when it comes to their sexual fantasies a Gender. Temporary bi- or homosexual behavior is z. A common phenomenon, for example, in prisons or during wartime, when the desired sex is not available as a partner.
But people with a fundamentally heterosexual orientation also have homosexual experiences in the course of their lives. And not everyone who is same-sex interested in their youth is still so in adulthood.
Pansexuality means that someone is emotionally and sexually attracted and can fall in love with people of any gender. In contrast to bisexual people, this can happen with pansexuals in addition to men and women z. B. also be transgender, intersexual and hermaphrodite. The desire, however, only relates to adult humans, i.e. it does not extend across age or species boundaries.
Asexuality refers to the absence of any desire for sexual interaction at all. Asexuality is now the fourth form of sexual orientation alongside hetero-, homo- and bisexuality. Asexuals are not interested in sex, but like any other person they can have a general libido; H. a spontaneous occurrence of sexual arousal or the need for masturbation. Asexuality doesn't rule out partnership and romantic attractions either. Many asexuals desire relationships on what is usually a purely platonic basis. The AVEN network was founded to facilitate public acceptance and discussions about asexuality for outsiders as well as the growth and communication of an asexual community. More about this at www.aven-info.de.
AuthorsDr. med. David Goecker, Dr. med. Arne Schäffler in: Gesundheit heute, edited by Dr. med. Arne Schäffler. Trias, Stuttgart, 3rd edition (2014). Revision and update: Dr. med. Sonja Kempinski | last changed on at 09:03
- What are Pulsar Stars
- How fast can yachts go
- Who should I buy Christmas presents for?
- What are some real paranormal incidents
- How do I ban people on Roblox
- What is the age limit for skydiving
- Why did Snape kill Dumbledore
- Which country has the simplest lifestyle
- Why do some people enjoy death?
- How can Asprin prevent a heart attack
- What are narcissists good for?
- Magical illusion How magician people float
- Eating watermelon makes you fat
- What foods do rich people buy
- A gallbladder can grow back
- Is Amazon Affiliation profitable in 2019
- How is the Euclidean distance calculated
- YouTube is still written in PHP
- Why did the religions survive
- How does water affect the weathering of stones?
- Pornstars get tired of sex
- Who are the best writers in Quora
- What are the colors of the president
- How do jewelers make a profit
- Why does Walmart levy a high sales tax
- What do you hate about Quora 1
- A landlord can refuse to fix things
- Why are figs not considered vegan
- Why do sad people do happy things
- How are international companies taxed
- How does a write-back cache work
- How many relationships really work
- Which is the best jewelry shopping app
- What did TWX use before ASCII