Money creates science
Never before has Germany invested so much money in its innovative strength: The current Federal Report on Research and Innovation, or BUFI for short, records almost 84 billion euros for research and development for the most recent year 2014. The paper, which the Federal Ministry of Research is responsible for producing every two years advised on Wednesday by the cabinet in Berlin and then presented by Minister Johanna Wanka. Two thirds of the money invested comes from the economy.
In addition to the growing amount of research funding, the mathematics professor particularly emphasized how well the research country Germany had positioned itself in an international comparison. For example, twice as many patents per inhabitant would be registered in the Federal Republic of Germany as in the USA. In addition, every sixth publication by German scientists is among the ten percent of the most frequently cited publications worldwide. The Federal Republic continues to occupy a leading position in the export of high-tech goods, even if the first place had to be surrendered to China.
"The competitive pressure is increasing"
However, the minister also indicated some weaknesses in Germany as a research location. For example, according to Wanka, most of the money flows from only a few industries, which are therefore of disproportionately great importance in research - vehicle construction, electrical engineering, chemistry and mechanical engineering are particularly affected. Unexpected developments in these industries would therefore have a particularly strong impact on research as a whole.
And all of this in an international environment that leaves little room for error. "The competitive pressure is increasing", says the Federal Minister. Basically, she rates the almost 800-page report, which weighs more than 2700 grams, as positive. And although the consultation in the cabinet was not public, Johanna Wanka is probably not alone with this view. "We are happy," says the minister.
- What do you mean by militant nationalism?
- What is a learning model
- What are legalized examples of white privilege
- Deep learning is a great ability to have
- What is a search engine
- What can cryptocurrencies be used for?
- Which companies use Matlab
- What are you doing on Christmas Day 2015
- Why should I invest in Ripple XRP
- Is gallbladder removal good or bad?
- Where do rich people buy their underwear?
- Why did you get a locksmith
- What is your most precious memory
- What is the future of health data
- Is 10k PSCO real gold
- There is a 7 mm pistol caliber
- What does exodus mean
- What is an RPG Maker used for?
- Is Voldemort the strongest wizard
- How many liters are in 1 kg
- What draws some people to white nationalism
- Typhoid spreads through sex or kissing
- How much is 10k gold per gram
- What are some examples of incompetence
- How can fossil fuels be replaced
- What are the roots of Vietnamese food
- What do coyotes eat
- Why is coffee allowed on food stamps
- What is the popular culture in Japan
- Which is the most interesting financial career
- How much do Go Jek drivers earn
- What are the popular distributed file systems
- Are there any indications of life on Mars