Inflation lowers the value of the currency
Inflation - auxmoney financial lexicon
Politically inflation is wanted
The state definitely wants inflation - as long as it doesn't get too big. What doesn't look clever at first glance makes perfect sense on closer inspection. Some states want to use it to reduce national debts, the real value of which falls when the money supply increases - the absolute debt value is not affected by inflation, regardless of whether the money supply in circulation is significantly larger (or smaller). With more money in circulation, the debt is correspondingly easier to pay because a currency unit has less purchasing power. As a result, creditors have to accept monetary devaluations, so that this thinking is regarded as an emergency measure if the debt burden of a state threatens to crush its budget; this happened, for example, in Italy in the second half of the 20th century. In Germany there is currently an inflation rate of 1.5 percent (as of 07/17), which is significantly less than ideal.
The reason for this is the fear of deflation. The opposite of inflation, deflation, means a tightening of the money supply. This results in a very negative development of the economy: in the expectation that prices will fall, people would spend as little money as possible. Companies would make much less turnover, which would shrink the economy by many percent accordingly. Combined with the shrinking economic growth, the general standard of living would also fall. This is politically undesirable, so inflation is accepted as the lesser of two evils. For example, there were serious problems with deflation in Japan in the 1990s.
- Which members of BTS can subscribe
- What are the denominations in socialism
- How can a young person get cancer
- How do diets work
- Why is it bad for dogs to eat bones?
- Questions asked in a bpo interview
- Is dropshipping profitable in Germany
- Did you think you were underpaid?
- Why is lead nurturing just as important
- How will you describe the flag of Singapore
- Which note-taking app should I use
- How powerful is the world breaker Hulk
- When is self-defense shot
- Ecommerce websites sell counterfeit products
- Which Indian city name ends with BAD
- What are the best machine learning certifications available
- How do I learn Python data analysis
- Who gets paid more geologists or engineers?
- Smart people are more paranoid
- What is special about Samoa
- Which country had the most wars?
- What kind of music is this song
- Is Voldemort the strongest wizard
- How can social media help increase sales