How would I describe a calm person
Quiet people are the most interesting
Last update: 11 July, 2017
Quiet people often go unnoticed. We seldom see what is behind her honest, reserved and quiet appearance. Many calm people are observers and discoverers of the senses that connect us with reality, with the small details and the sensitive worlds in which diverse and exciting universes extend.
Everyone processes information in different ways, this is not a new finding. However, it is often overlooked that these differences are related to our personality. Marti Olsen Laney, the author of The power of the introvertAccording to, calm, introverted people process information more slowly, more carefully and more thoroughly.
"The silence is the element in which the great things arise."
The reason for this is fascinating. In the brain of an introvert, every stimulus goes a long way, from emotional memory to the area responsible for analytical thinking and finally to the part responsible for planning. Extroverts, on the other hand, have a much lower threshold for stimuli and can respond or respond to a stimulus much faster.
It's not about putting one personality type above the other. Most of us have traits of both types, but are mostly closer to one type than the other. We just want to show that the quiet nature of introverts is still misunderstood these days and is often even neglected, for example in education.
Quiet people, strange birds in a world of extroverts
Every day teachers and lecturers deal with pupils and students who sit in the back rows of the classrooms and say nothing during the entire class, deep in thought or scribbling in their notebooks. They don't like speaking out loud or actively engaging in exercises. That's not how they work. Nonetheless, students who collaborate, get involved, get in touch and bristle with enthusiasm and interest are often valued more.
This stereotype, which links extroversion with success and achievement, is deeply rooted in our mentality and widespread in society. Experts in social psychology point out that extroverted, charismatic, but at the same time self-centered and less sensitive to the needs of others, still dominate our working world and the social elite.
It is as if the collective ideal prefers these behaviors and character traits without considering the importance of other personalities for the all-important productivity and a harmonious atmosphere in the workplace. Studies on leading people have shown that introverts can be calm, patient and at the same time self-critical leaders who work much more efficiently, and that the people around them are much happier.
However, the professor and researcher Francesca Gino (Harvard University, Massachussetts, USA) has found that there are only a few executives today who have an introverted personality type. They are considered weird birds in a world dominated by extroverts. However, where managers are slower, more reflective and more sensitive, the skills of the employees are used much more efficiently.With such a leader, employees are much more proactive, creative and happier, because the introverted boss instills trust and offers them opportunities to develop.
Quiet people and how they think
Quiet people aren't necessarily shy. They are slower, follow a different rhythm, different times, and have different needs. Sometimes the world turns too fast for them and they don't always manage to analyze everything in detail. Because every nuance of reality first has to pass through its emotional filter.
There are people who find silence uncomfortable ... there may be too much noise inside these people.
Quiet people don't like to be the center of attention. You are nobody's satellite and like to be on your own. This behavior can cause alienation in the eyes of others. As a result, calm people are often labeled as shy, reserved, or uninterested. However, one should know that the beauty of this personality type is deep within, because this is where its uniqueness lies.
The 5 characteristics of calm and introverted people
First we would like to refer to the extensive literature on this topic at this point. With books likeThe strengths of the breastfeeding: Self-confidence and persuasiveness for introverted people from Jennifer B. Kahnweiler we can deepen our knowledge on this topic.
The following are some of the characteristics that characterize introverts:
- They think before they speak. When it comes to communication, they are very deliberate. First they listen carefully, reflect and only then give an answer.
- You hate superficiality. They are more interested in the deeper reality than in clichés.
- You are very imaginative, combine different ideas and concepts, are dreamers and constantly enter into dialogue with themselves.
- You'd rather write than talk. They feel more comfortable with the written word.
- Quiet people often show stable self-confidence. You don't allow yourself to be influenced by other people's opinions, have strong values and clear ideas.
Ultimately, and as already mentioned, Solitude is the refuge for introverts. The chosen loneliness is not an escape mechanism, but gives them the opportunity to recharge their batteries and create clarity when the world overwhelms them with its stimuli, voices, stress and rumors.
Calm people have access to the wisdom that can only develop through reflection, imagination, and above all silence.
- How does xenophobia affect South Africa?
- What is 250 grams to ounces?
- Chocolate is dangerous for dogs
- Why is nobody here answering my questions
- When do French citizens get their salary?
- How long have you been reading Quora?
- Is Harry Potter really a half-breed
- Why do small dogs bark so much
- Why did Justinian rebuild the Roman Empire?
- How much does our health define us?
- What are SAP MDG interview questions
- What causes constipation in teenagers
- What is the most philosophical one-word question
- What are some simple fun card games
- What is borderline about borderline personality disorder
- What are the most frequently asked Java questions
- Can someone give me money for free
- Is white sugar cane sugar
- PayPal can convert dollars to pounds
- Which country has the cheapest prostitutes?
- Why is outer space mysterioes
- Is Narendra Modi really bad
- Will climate change be dangerous
- Why is Donald Trump considered a racist