When did BC and AD end
Another project studied word formation with Thomas von Aquin, it was presented at the conference "Technical language (s) in medieval Latin" in Munich. In FS2011 I held an overview course that followed the development diachronically.
In 2015 I spoke in Rome at the Finnish Institute on "How to Translate Scientific Thought? Euclid's Elements in contrast to Aristotle" at the congress “Translation and Transmission in the Eastern Mediterranean 500 BC – 1500 AD” (Organization Tuomas Heikkilä and Jaakko Hämeen- Anttila), as well as in Greifswald at the congress “German as a scientific language” (organized by Michael Prinz and Jürgen Schiewe) on the topic “On the suitability of Latin as a scientific language”.
2016 in Würzburg at the congress "History of technical and scientific languages, identity, difference, transfer" on "Different approaches in antiquity, the Middle Ages and modern times in the Latin naming of new scientific phenomena" (Organization Wolf Peter Klein and Sven Staffeldt).
During this time I was busy building up the corpus corporum, a free, linguistically usable Latin metacorpus, which is used for further linguistic studies in the context of the topic. In particular, grammatical parameters are to be found that distinguish scientific Latin from other Latin. For this purpose, the texts in Corpus Corporum are automatically lemmatized and PoS tagged. Scientific texts can be grouped under one another using PCA. The most striking differences from normal Latin prose can be seen in scholastic and mathematical texts.
The findings can be compared with those that are already known for scientific English and German. For example, the first person singular is usually used less often in Latin, while passive constructions are more common. In contrast, Latin does not yet have a clear preference for nouns.
A book publication in English, which will be submitted as a habilitation thesis, is due to appear in 2021. The Lingua academica series at De Gruyter (edited by Wolf Peter Klein, Michael Prinz and Jürgen Schiewe) is being considered as a place of publication.
- How much of Australia is uninhabited
- What's your nephew's name?
- Lead Maggi to cancer
- Why do people like to judge celebrities
- Where can I effectively post my links
- Deflation is always bad for the economy
- Gives you WordPress a domain name
- What rusts
- Which US state is the most important
- Software developers usually like to fix bugs
- If E mc2 can generate energy, it creates mass
- Why does homosexuality bother me?
- How can you avoid back pain
- Is it worth learning COBOL in 2020
- Which is the quietest military submarine
- What is right about our society today
- Which country has the most bakeries
- What is your favorite UK supermarket?
- The space expands in a black hole
- Aeonfree com is good for web hosting
- What fruits can shih tzu eat
- Why is Islam unpopular in Central Asia
- Why is unemployment an economic problem?
- People buy homemade cookies