What is the fastest killing disease
Dangerous viruses: the killers in the shadow of Corona
Rabies kills only around 50,000 to 60,000 people worldwide each year, but it is considered one of the most unpleasant ways to die - and once symptoms appear, that fate is almost inevitable. The rabies virus is transmitted through the bite or scratch of a sick animal and affects the central nervous system. Depending on how long the pathogen takes from the wound to the target tissue, the incubation period can last up to three months - or just a week. People without vaccination should be vaccinated immediately after a possible infection; the Robert Koch Institute recommends vaccination in advance if they come into contact with rabies at work or when traveling to known risk areas.
Typical of the disease are excitement, confusion, extreme fear and what is known as hydrophobicity, in which the victim cannot drink or swallow and has seizures even at the sight of liquid. The pathogen multiplies very strongly in the salivary glands, so that the swallowing inhibition contributes to its spread: In the late phase of the infection, even small stimuli give the victim furious fits of anger, in which he can transmit the pathogen by hitting, biting and scratching. In the end, infected people and animals fall into a coma and die. Protection is only provided by vaccination within the first 24 hours after a possible infection. A new intensive care treatment method, the so-called Milwaukee Protocol, has a survival rate of eight percent.
- How do Shopify and Alibaba work
- Is god of death
- What is the purpose of social constructs
- Why should one study statistics?
- Does jogging work against thin legs?
- Free weights are better than machines
- Alternative treatment for gallbladder cancer
- How can a relationship blog make money
- What is the scope of social psychology
- What's another word for me
- What are Mental Health Problems in Men
- What's the best part about losing
- What is your goal at Quora
- What is ingenious intelligence level
- What are the best cold email strategies
- Why do we make money
- Is it legal to sell things in school?
- Have an affiliate program
- What is online trading
- When do French citizens get their salary?
- What is beauty 1
- Why is Adderall hard to prescribe
- What is paradoxical about the St. Petersburg Paradox
- Why do we keep asking ourselves