Why is WordPress bad
WordPress: Very good for blogs, but questionable for good websites
Why WordPress is the wrong tool for good websites
If you want to write a blog and want to publish new articles every day, this is
WordPress the perfect tool.
This only applies if the following disadvantages can be accepted:
- You don't care about ease of use
- You don't care about clarity
- You do not need a chapter overview
- Design is more important to you than content
- Success in the form of conversions (customer inquiries, orders, etc.) is unimportant to you
WordPress templates ignore usability and user guidance.
EyeTracking studies use heat maps to show where users are really looking. The most important content should be there.
WordPress installations only have articles and comments and a dubious navigation
A standard Wordpress article page
All other functions have to be painstakingly installed, set up and configured. Since many functions are from different providers, these are partially incompatible, the admin area is different in each template and the operation is tedious and confusing.
But wait, there are great WordPress themes, some of which are even free.
Clear. But most of the WP themes offer great syting, but neither a clever concept, nor really fundamentally important and meaningful functions.
Large pictures on the start page without meaning, content or even further link
The large pictures only serve as an eye catcher and push the main content down
Nice icons that say nothing and do not redirect to other content pages
Most of the time, the most important thing was missing on the page: the owner's contact details
No footer with contact details, imprint
no chapter overview
no list of news / updates
no list of events
no pop-up menus
no menu marker to show the user where he is
But why are these templates selling?
98% of great-looking templates look great and that's why they're bought.
The template designers usually focus on a cool look because you
so that you can sell more easily and quickly.
Whether the WordPress site later wins new customers, is easy or difficult to use
or breaking all the rule of usability and search engine optimization is that
Designers don't care. You sold the template.
Unfortunately, WordPress lacks some essential functions in order to be a good CMS (Content Management System).
Most WP themes offer great syting, but neither a smart concept nor really fundamentally important and useful functions.
WordPress doesn't have an image handler: if you upload a 5MB image, it will
also output with 5MB and makes your page very slow
The page of one of our customers, a photographer, had 250 MB on the home page alone.
The most beautiful template is of no use if the system cannot reduce the size of the images
WordPress has file management system in which you can store images, files in folders and
Manage subfolders clearly
WordPress doesn't have a unified inline editing feature, if you want to change something,
you always have to switch to the admin area.
WordPress sites are often attacked automatically because the system is so widespread
So every WP side should be additionally secured
But I've seen big websites built with WordPress.
Of course, you can also build high-quality and user-friendly websites with WordPress.
- But you need someone who knows something about usability
- But you need someone who can install dozens of plug-ins and templates for you
- You have to reckon with the fact that the operation of the site will be very inconsistent and difficult
- However, the cost of this will be just as high as using a traditional and more professional system
- That is also the reason why many high-quality company pages are not created with Wordpress.
Most of the WordPress sites are "craft sites"
But most WordPress sites are "clicked" together by people who do
understand nothing about conversion optimization, usability,
Search engine optimization or website programming or styling using CSS.
From the point of view of professional designers and programmers, this is like when
an automaker is told, “buy some spare parts online and build them
together with the cheapest possible vehicle ”. The result is cheap, but it is questionable whether this homepage can really win new customers.
Does ATELIERVISION really not do WordPress sites?
But! We build blogs with WordPress. But only blogs:
BUT, so that the blogs have the following important properties:
- Categories with the latest entries already on the home page
- Categories with an overview of all articles and scrolling function
- Categories with an overview of all articles and scrolling function
- All articles show matching products from the online shop
were many hours of conception and conversion with a lot of plug-ins for additional functions
necessary. The subsequent installation of a category on the start page is in the menu
still about half an hour of extra work because the operation is so complex and
A good CMS (Content Management System) should be able to do more than refer to external plugins.
This is a standard start page based on our CMS LUCID. www.lucid2.de
Everything your users want is in here:
Top left and on each side: the logo
Top left and on every page: the full text search
Top left and on each page: the language selection
The chapters and menu items are highlighted at the top
Each menu item can be provided with submenus and can be opened
The slider images always represent an essential chapter of the website
The slider images all have text, a link and a button to click on
Below the slider is a text that says in a nutshell what the website is about
Below you will find the latest news or events (removable)
The footer contains the company name, address and important links (imprint and data protection
At the bottom a short text for the search engines with the most important search terms
The following is always included in every LUCID2:
The background of LUCID2 also includes:
Search engine support on every page
supports unlimited languages
provides XMP and HTML sitemaps
contains ACL rights management
is multi-site capable
Microdata delivers according to schema.org
Interfaces to RSS, OpenSearch, OpenGraph
Caching according to specifications from YSlow and Google Page Speed
Maximum security and burglary protection through 3 levels
Prepared Statements / Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
Output via template engine
10 points for perfect web design and shop design
This is how we work for your successful website
If you need a private page, click it together with Wordpress.
If you want your company website to win new customers over and over again, it is better to use a high-quality CMS.
- Have you ever been to the UK
- How many Nigerians live in the UK
- What's a light year in the distance
- Based on the outcome of the Indian education system
- What is the purpose of poetry
- Is food cheap in Amritsar
- Is Burger King profitable
- Are Indiamart's leads fake?
- What is 3 5 3 5 4
- Feel constantly sleepy while studying
- What is the evidence for mathematical induction
- What are some examples of waste materials
- Everything is coded in English
- Why are most of NYC's cabs in Toyota's
- Which was the most fascinating civilization
- What inspired the name 50 Cent
- What percentage is 7 out of 12
- What is a metric fox
- Which song hits you emotionally
- Why isn't Quora loading my feed?
- What are you crazy about right now?
- Is ignorance ever an excuse for evil?
- Microtransactions kill gambling
- How is the Czech r pronounced?