Everyone should be forced to learn math
School: I hate math - and that has consequences
“Math is an asshole,” it says in the boys' toilet at my school. A simple, straightforward sentence that many students in my high school would sign. And not just here. It's almost a kind of law: math is becoming more hated every year, while German is becoming one of the favorite subjects on the timetable.
"What do I need this for?" I have often heard such questions in my school when I am strolling through the hallways with friends during a free period. And we could understand so well how the students had to torment themselves in the classrooms with some tangent equations or derivatives. Nobody can really get excited about it. It's different with German. It was the same with my parents, they say. So not a new phenomenon. But why is it? Why can't German fans do anything with numbers and math cracks often don't do anything with poetry?
Is mathematics an "incomprehensible" subject? One for which you have to have a special talent? Of course, whenever I stand in front of a blackboard in math class, labeled with a jumble of letters and numbers, and ponder what all this is about, then I'm scared off. But there are also other motives for my math antipathy.
"The teacher cannot explain that!"
The reason given most often in my grade is: the teacher. The person who rattles down a tough and constant lesson with their whole routine and whose methods come from the same time as the suit they are wearing.
The kind of educators who make students happy when the scrap-ripe, dusty tube TV is in the classroom to watch "The Funny World of Animals" for the thousandth time. Because even the 1001st repetition is a welcome change from the otherwise dry and boring lessons.
Because precisely this teacher can take away any pleasure and interest in the subject. He can transform the most motivated student into one who prefers to lie with his head on the table and at the end of the year can only barely save himself to "sufficient" with the help of several presentations or the oral grades.
- What is DiiDit
- Why do astronomers believe in dark matter
- What happens to expired products
- What do Africans eat 1
- Salazar Slytherin had some good points
- How can I book a ticket online?
- How to safely wash raw chicken
- What is the best web scraping software
- Avoid vegan leather couches
- How do I make links on Quora
- Why are people so cruel to others
- Are you a secret eater
- Is DOTA 2 the best MOBA
- What Kills More Americans Is Heroin Or Terrorism
- Which countries discriminate against Muslims
- What are some of the most creative killer kills
- Which causes gold to stop responding
- International direct shipping from India is possible
- Are taxis safe in Bangkok?
- What was the Hull House built for
- What causes dizziness from stuffy ears
- Why do carbonated beverages make us urinate?
- Why is Benjamin Franklin on dollars
- How do remittances help a country?