Gives you WordPress a domain name
Change the domain of a WordPress website
If you want to change the domain of a WordPress site, it is not enough to do this via my.cyon. WordPress always refers to the domain that is stored within WordPress.
To change this, proceed as follows:
Make sure that the new domain is set up on your web hosting so that it points to the same folder as the old domain. You can see this in your my.cyon account under "Webhosting"> "Domains" according to the article "Location of my website".If the new domain has not yet been set up, our article «Setting up a domain on web hosting» offers you support.
- Log in to the backend of your WordPress site and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Now change the value of the two fields “WordPress address (URL)” and “Website address (URL)” to the new domain. Replace the domain with your own domain.
- Note that WordPress does not support umlaut domains. If you want to use a domain with umlauts, you can specify this in the IDN notation.
WordPress saves all path information of images and files within posts or pages with absolute path information, i.e. the previously active domain is included in the path. When changing domains, these paths are not automatically updated, which is why you have to do this manually after changing the domain.
The simplest solution for adjusting incorrect path information in WordPress is via a plugin called “Better Search Replace”.
If you do not have access to your WordPress backend, there is an alternative way of defining this domain. We describe one of them. You can find more in the official WordPress documentation.
- Open the file manager or connect to your web hosting company via FTP. How you can edit a file on your web hosting is described in the article «Managing files on the web hosting».
- Navigate to the directory where your website is saved.
- Open the file and navigate to the section «Authentication Unique Keys and Salts».
Add the following lines there, using your own domain instead of the domain. If these two lines already exist in the file, adjust the domain accordingly.define ('WP_SITEURL', 'https://oliverorange.ch/'); define ('WP_HOME', 'https://oliverorange.ch/');
- How to calculate the hydrostatic head pressure
- What are the hot restaurants in London
- Why is therapy important for mental health
- What is it like to live with HIV / AIDS
- Why are beta blockers used for anxiety?
- What caliber was the Colt 1892 revolver
- What is a legal ghost weapon
- How do you replace a garbage disposal
- What makes a good job interviewer
- How would you license a patented product
- What is Fuller Theological Seminary
- What do tourists think of Malaysia
- How many liters are 2 5 liters
- How expensive is Chinese food in Singapore
- What is it like to visit Alaska
- Can a teacher refuse a student
- What is the best cryptocurrency exchange
- How do I delete a Python interview
- Can lawyers be good business owners?
- How do we use the probability
- What do you mean by symmetry-asymmetry
- What is 10 10 10 10
- Is Asos a good brand
- What is sock puppet