What is kilobyte
Part of speech: noun, (neuter)Hyphenation:
- Ki | lo | byte, Plural: Ki | lo | by | tes
- IPA: [kiːloˈbaɪ̯t, ˈkiːlobaɪ̯t], Plural: [kiːloˈbaɪ̯ʦ, ˈkiːlobaɪ̯ʦ, kiːloˈbaɪ̯t, ˈkiːlobaɪ̯t]
- 1) IT: 1,000 bytes
- 2) colloquial: 1 024 bytes (see Kibibyte)
- Derivative (derivation) from the SI prefix kilo and byte
- 2) Kibibyte
- KB, KByte, kByte
- 1) storage unit
- 1) This floppy disk has a storage capacity of 1,440 Kilobyte (s).
- Nominative: singular the kilobyte; Plural the kilobytes, the kilobytes
- Genitive: singular of the kilobyte of the kilobyte; Plural the kilobyte of the kilobyte
- Dative: singular the kilobyte; Plural the kilobytes
- Accusative: singular the kilobyte; Plural the kilobytes, the kilobytes
- English: kilobyte
- French: kilobyte
- Italian: kilobyte
- Swedish: kilobyte
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Other coders get that easily than four kilobyte little intro, but that doesn't bother us. Because ultimately, the visuals hit our taste buds. Only that counts.“
4Players, January 27, 2019
„The end result is that each sticker is only about 20-30 kilobyte occupies. The new format also uses less battery than GIFs and runs at 60FPS.“
AICS, July 08, 2019
„The cruise operator AIDA charges 2.50 euros per 100 kilobyte. 100 kilobyte correspond roughly to a very poorly resolved mini photo. A telephone minute to Germany costs 2.01 euros, an SMS 0.99 euros.“
stern.de, December 07, 2018
„The one with three kilobyte very small CSS library Fluiditype by the Dutch designer Boris Skirov ensures that your fonts are always proportional to the viewport.“
t3n, February 25, 2020
„The speeds are sometimes a few kilobyte per second. Since the update itself can be up to 39 GB in size, a download would take several days.“
Mein-MMO.de, June 30, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "kilobytes":
byte: ... Words: 1) Derived units With SI prefixes to base 10: Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes, Terabytes, Petabytes, Exabytes, Zettabytes, Yottabytes With IEC prefixes for ...
Kibibyte: Computer science: Unit of measurement for the amount of data, 1 Kibibyte = 210 bytes = 1024 bytes Abbreviation: KiB Origin of the term: Due to the special importance of powers of 2 in computer science, a kilobyte was often interpreted as 1024 = 210 bytes
Kilobytes: Part of speech: Declined form Syllabification: Ki | lo | by | tes Grammatical features: Nominative plural of the noun Kilobyte Genitive Singular of the noun Kilobyte Genitive plural of the noun Kilobyte Dative plural of the noun Kilobyte Accusative plural of the noun Kilobyte
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Kilobyte" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 19, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Kilobyte/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "kilobyte" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Kilobytes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Kilobyte Hyphenation: Ki | lo | bytes Pronunciation / stress: ...
kilogram (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular kilogram; Plural kilograms genitive: singular ...
Kilograms (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ki | lo | gram | me Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [kiloˈɡʁamə],…
Kilograms (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ki | lo | gram | men Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [kiloˈɡʀamən],…
Kilograms (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ki | lo | gramms Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [kiloˈɡʀams],…
Kilojoules (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular kilojoule; Plural kilojoules genitive: singular ...
Kilojoules (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Kilojoule Hyphenation: Ki | lo | joules Pronunciation / Emphasis:…
kilometre (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter / masculine) Cases: nominative: singular 1 kilometer; Singular 2 kilometers; ...
Eat kilometers (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: Ki | lo | me | ter fres | sen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌkiloˈmeːtɐ…
Kilometers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ki | lo | me | tern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌkiloˈmeːtɐn],…
Mileage allowance (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular kilometer flat rate; Most of the mileage allowances ...
Mileage flat rates (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ki | lo | me | ter | pau | scha | len Grammatical features: nominative ...
- Is Elon Musk wrong about hydrogen
- How do restaurants charge cork fees?
- Support the second amendment
- Why are people afraid of me
- What is the smallest measurable distance technically
- What is your bad habit of eating
- What is a consulate versus an embassy
- Why is the English language evolving
- Why do most people like cricket
- Is Professor Umbridge a Death Eater
- Could cancer cells be an effective pathogen?
- What are the uses of data warehousing
- Share law enforcement background information
- How does the army pay its soldiers
- What are some unique marketing tactics
- Which is called earth second moon
- What are alternatives to business cards
- What fruits are better in a fever
- How do you fight like John Wick
- Solar panels have become even more efficient
- How can I fly cheaply at Christmas?
- How can I get a European work visa
- How does Amazon make such big profits
- What are bonus rules and regulations