What should I eat for high cholesterol?
Lower cholesterol without tablets
For a few years now, types of margarine have been offered that are supposed to lower cholesterol. They contain so-called plant sterols, which can inhibit the absorption of cholesterol. It is still unclear whether these margarines improve health.
Other foods are also sometimes claimed to lower cholesterol. These include in particular: artichoke extracts, fish oil, garlic, Indian myrrh, policosanol (a sugar cane extract), red rice flour, soy, walnuts, products with soluble fiber such as psyllium husks and green tea extracts (catechin extracts). Many of these products are sold in capsule form as dietary supplements. So far, however, it has not been shown for any of these agents that they can prevent secondary diseases.
Most drugs don't even have convincing evidence that they can lower cholesterol at all. Studies have only been carried out on catechin products that contain green tea extracts: They were able to lower the cholesterol level slightly in people with high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia): total cholesterol fell by an average of around 6 mg / dl and the LDL value by about 4 mg / dl. However, it cannot be deduced from this that catechin extracts also improve health, e.g. prevent heart attacks. In addition, the studies were too short to say anything about the long-term effects of such products.
- Are there changes for vacuum cleaners
- Why does Bolivia have two capitals
- Clickbank is banned in India
- What's the saddest thing you've heard
- What are the adventure destinations in India
- Geology is a well paying area
- Dairy farmers in Canada are rich
- What is generalization in machine learning
- Should Chinese be patriotic
- What makes a fast CPU
- Who uses ggplot2
- How much does ADP pay employees
- Would you date someone who is overweight
- Dissolves sugar glass in water
- Government employees enjoy their lives
- What should I eat for high cholesterol?
- Why will a narcissist leave you forever
- Why was Chris Kyle killed
- What do Dravidians think of Kannadigas
- Is it possible to reverse inflation
- PC gaming requires more skill
- What do Americans think of the Chinese?
- Why don't you hesitate
- Why is nobody here answering my questions