Why is something dabbing
Part of speech: VerbConjugations:
- Present tense: I. dab; you dab; he she it dabs
- Simple past: I. dabbed
- Participle II: spotted
- Subjunctive II: i dabbed
- Imperative: singular dab!; Plural dabs!
- Auxiliary verb: to have
- dab, simple past: dab | te, participle II: dabbed
- IPA: [ˈTʊpfn̩], simple past: [ˈtʊpftə], participle II: [ɡəˈtʊpft]
- 1) touch something lightly
- 2) remove something by lightly touching it several times
- 3) apply something by lightly touching it several times
- 3) puncture, sprinkle
- 1) tap
- 3) blobs
- 1) dab
- 2) blot, blot, blot dry
- 3) dab, dab, dab
- 1) He dabbed on his wife's shoulder.
- 1) you dab on the material to test its quality.
- 2) He dabbed his handkerchief on the sore spot to remove dirt and blood.
- 2) During the race have I keep the sweat from my forehead spotted.
- 3) She stared at the white canvas, then finally picked up the brush and applied a roaring red to her center Speckle.
- Dots, dots, dots, dots, dabs, dots, dots
- French: 3) moucheter
- Dutch: stipple
- Spanish: 1) tocar ligeramente
Similar words (German):pluck, pluck, pluck, pluck
Entries from our dictionary containing "dab":
Speckle: ... dab, dab Examples of use: 1) He dabbed his wife on the shoulder. 1) They dabbed the fabric to test its quality. 2) He dabbed his handkerchief on the ...
dabbed off: tupften ab (German) Part of speech: conjugated form Hyphenation: tupf | ten ab Pronunciation / stress: IPA: [ˌtʊpftn̩ ˈap] Grammatical features: 1
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Dab" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 19, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/tupften/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "dab" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
dabbed off (German) Part of speech: Conjugated form Hyphenation: tupf | ten ab Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ˌtʊpftn̩ ˈap]…
dab (German) Part of Speech: Conjugated Form Hyphenation: tupf | test Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈtʊp͡ftəst]…
dab (German) Part of speech: Conjugated form Hyphenation: tupf | test ab Pronunciation / stress: IPA: [ˌtʊpftəst ˈap]…
dabs (German) Part of Speech: Conjugated Form Hyphenation: tupf | tet Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈtʊp͡ftət]…
dabs (German) Part of speech: Conjugated form Hyphenation: tupf | tet ab Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ˌtʊpftət ˈap]…
tuple (English) Part of Speech: noun Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: British […], plural: […]…
tuples (English) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical characteristics: Plural of the noun tuple
tupp (German) Part of Speech: Conjugated Form Subforms: tuppe Hyphenation: tupp Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
dope (German) Part of speech: Conjugated form Secondary forms: 2nd person singular imperative present active: tupp Hyphenation:…
tupped (English) Part of speech: Conjugated form Grammatical characteristics: Simple past of the verb tup Part of speech:…
- How much sleep do Navy SEALs get
- Which topics on Quora get more views
- How safe is Bogota
- What is LMS gamification
- Is violence a new form of nationalism
- What is Star Wars The Mandalorian about
- What is a computer application
- Praise God for what you do
- What do you dislike about Undertale
- What is overweight for 180
- Who is this painting from 1
- Which vectors are perpendicular to each other
- Which Harry Potter deaths were the saddest
- How do psychologists study human behavior
- Why are Marvel superhero films so popular
- What is an astronomical unit
- Where do grapes grow naturally?
- How do empathic skills make someone special?
- What percentage of Saudis are Muslims?
- What is guerrilla war
- How often do student teacher matters happen
- How can parents monitor Snapchat
- What is 6 6 1
- Is DOTA 2 the best MOBA