Who invests in blockbuster Hollywood films
These are the 5 largest film companies in the world
The film industry is not only interesting for film fans - investors will also find exciting investment opportunities in the segment. The most important film companies in the world are all based in the USA and are responsible for legendary blockbuster productions such as the "James Bond" series, "Star Wars", "King Kong", "E.T." and "Avatar". According to welt.de, the five largest film companies in the world alone had a combined market share of 78.3% in 2016.
5. Sony Pictures Entertainment, 8.3% in 2016
The company is a US subsidiary of the Japanese electronics manufacturer and is one of the five largest film companies in the world with a market share of 8.3%. Sony Pictures Entertainment includes Columbia Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, better known as MGM, who produced the James Bond films, among others.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is headquartered in Culver City, California. If you want to invest in the film production company, you have to go through the share of the parent company Sony, the film division is not separately active on the stock exchange.
4. News Corporation (21st Century Fox), 13.5%
21st Century Fox is the film production division of News Corporation and has a 13.5% stake in the film market. 21st Century Fox also issues stocks that are freely traded. The News Corporation was founded in 1979 by Rupert Murdoch, and 21st Century Fox had sales of € 23.2 billion in 2016. One of the most successful films from 21st Century Fox is also the most successful film of all time. “Avatar - Departure to Pandora” had grossed a total of € 2.78 billion by 2017, more than any other film before.
3. NBC / Universal, 13.6%
Universal Studios are one of the most legendary film studios in the world, where productions such as “Jaws”, “Jurassic Park”, “E.T.” and “King Kong” were created. With a market share of 13.6% in 2016, NBC / Universal is the third largest film company in the world. NBC / Universal (the share is called NBCUniversal 2021) is not only a film company, but also operates various television stations and numerous amusement parks around the world. The turnover of the entire company in 2016 was € 26.8 billion.
2. Time Warner (WB / New Line), 17.6%
The global media company Time Warner, based in New York, includes not only the film production company Warner Bros., but also the pay TV channel HBO, the news channel CNN and the comic book publisher DC. Time Warner also publishes various magazines such as People or Time magazine and has a baseball team with the Atlanta Braves.
The entire company had a turnover of € 24.9 billion in 2016.In the field of film productions, Time Warner is the second largest film company in the world with a market share of 17.6%. The most successful productions in 2016 included the films “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” and “Batman vs. Superman”. Time Warner shares are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “TWX”.
1. The Walt Disney Company, 25.3%
In 2016, Disney was the first film studio ever to generate a record sum of around € 6.7 billion and can also maintain its top position with its market share of 25.3%. The company was founded in 1923 and has in recent years bought Lucasfilm (producer of the Star Wars films), Marvel and the animation studio Pixar, among others.
The company has often been criticized for critical working conditions in production facilities for merchandising articles in Asia, but also in California. Disney has been public since 1938, but the stock has suffered in recent years as the production company's existing streaming services increased in competition. In 2016, the two films "Finding Dorie" and "The First Avenger: Civil War" were particularly successful, each grossing more than a billion dollars.
Disney: Streaming service as corona profiteerDisney starts streaming service Disney + in Europe. Share under pressure in the short term, promising in the longer term. > read more
- What is the significance of the matrix inversion
- What is 200ml to grams
- Can The Keto Diet Make You Sick
- Are there time travel 6
- How do we get rid of fossil fuels
- What makes cigarettes harmful?
- How are buildings built on top of buildings
- Is gravity faster than light 1
- How was Jesus killed
- What are symptoms of diabetic seizure
- What makes light travel
- How is Instacarts customer service
- Why do Indians stare at white people
- What are B2B companies
- Why don't you answer questions for others
- Is Shakespeare overrated
- What is the best tech review website
- What century is 2020
- Where can you join a gang?
- What happens after drinking phenol
- Is life a question or an answer
- What is a garbage truck duty
- How can I stop myself from clapping?
- What motivated you to eat healthier
- How much does a 1998 Elizabeth coin cost
- What are the main pros of Bitcoin
- How many kg is 1 ton
- How MLMs Avoid Being Illegal
- Cho and Cedric slept together
- What do Democrats think of gun control?
- What does it mean to travel alone
- Is Cristiano Ronaldo overrated
- How do people get type 1 diabetes
- How is your current relationship going