How do we get good grades
Improve grades quickly: Top 7 learning tips
Shortly before the end of the semester, many students show off their top performance. In the hope of being able to improve the grades quickly, extra work is eagerly done, presentations are given voluntarily, oral participation is increased exponentially and of course cramming, cramming, cramming ... That doesn't sound like fun, does it? We reveal how the last weeks of the school year can go largely without learning stress or pressure:
1. The basis for improving grades: awakening motivation to learn and keeping it awake
The most important prerequisite for successful learning and the associated improvement in grades is your own motivation. If we are interested in a topic and deal with it of our own accord, we learn best. However, this is only very rarely the case, especially in times of increased pressure to perform. The material wants to be learned, whether we like it or not. This demotivates and learning becomes increasingly difficult. That is why it is all the more important that children do not lose the fun of learning. This is the only way to ultimately improve the grades.
Cohesion and support are good for children: If your child has learning difficulties, get to the bottom of the cause together. An open conversation is the first and fastest step to better grades. Take your child's doubts and wishes seriously. Give your offspring a healthy dose of serenity and confidence in their own abilities. For example, praise not only for good grades, but also for small successes and first and foremost for the commitment - self-confidence gives the fountain pen wings!
2nd tip to improve grades: varied learning
Stubborn memorization is no fun at all! But when is learning fun and when does it really lead to quick improvement in grades? Our answer: When dry school material comes to life and students deal with the material away from the stapler and textbook.
- For example, learning with stories helps to better understand complicated learning content.
- How about watching a film on the subject, going to the children's museum, reading a great book ...? Often there are many aha effects here.
- Language learning doesn't always have to be vocabulary lists or index cards. Why not try something different to improve your grades quickly? With a tandem partner, for example.
- Products such as discovery boxes, educational games and computer-aided forms of learning promote playful, everyday-related and, above all, independent learning. Mind maps, flash cards and donkey bridges leave real traces in the brain as soon as they are created. Try it; There is bound to be something great for your child in the wide variety of learning methods.
3. Individual learning strategies for the personal learner type
There are countless creative learning tips that improve grades even more effectively if they suit your personal learner type.
The auditory learner type - learning by hearing
- The fastest way to learn is when he or she hears the subject matter or reads the text out loud or listens to someone else.
- Learning aids: learning cassettes, conversations, lectures, music, quiet surroundings
The visual learner - learning by seeing
- He learns fastest when he reads information, observes the course of action and visualizes content in the form of graphics and images.
- Learning aids: books, sketches, pictures, learning posters, videos, flashcards
The communicative learner type - learning through conversations
- Learns fastest when he is conducting discussions or conversations or has a linguistic confrontation with the subject matter.
- Learning aids: dialogues, discussions, study groups, question-answer games
The motor learner type - learning through movement
- Learns fastest when he carries out the course of action himself and understands it in this way ("learning by doing").
- Learning aids: (rhythmic) movements, imitating, group activities, role plays
Especially if there is only a short time available, it is important to work in a learner-type-oriented manner in order to improve grades quickly.
4. Improve grades quickly with digital learning opportunities
Computers, tablets, smartphones & Co. have become an indispensable part of everyday school life and learning. Moving pictures, animated figures, individual learning paths and direct feedback - children are fascinated by playing and Learning with digital media and have a lot of fun doing it. Overall, the development of digital learning offers offers many opportunities to accompany students in their learning, to motivate them and to broaden their horizons of experience.
scoyo promotes exploratory (discovery) learning with the help of child-friendly and everyday-relevant learning stories. At the same time, students can also prepare specifically for a class test in order to improve their grades quickly.
Prepare specifically for class work with scoyo:
It is important that parents accompany their children with their first steps on the Internet and show them how to use the medium in a child-friendly and competent manner.
5. Get better grades with a plan
When there is little time to improve grades, a study plan helps focus learning and focus on a specific topic.
Schedules provide structure and security. Children need that now. Together, create a plan and integrate fixed learning times into the daily routine, the students are allowed to have a say in when they are best / preferring to learn. The learning units shouldn't take too long, so that your child has enough time to play. Children need regular breaks to take a deep breath - this gives the brain space for new information.
As parents, make sure that your child only deals with one subject in a day and does not constantly change subject and focus. Multitasking tends to be a hindrance to learning.
6. Focused learning in an inspiring environment
If your child wants to improve their grades quickly, this is only possible if they are also focused on what they are doing. However, the greatest concentration disruptors are often in the immediate vicinity of the learning area: TV, cell phone or similar should be switched off and siblings should be out of reach.
At least as important is a well-equipped study area with lots of light, colored pens and enough storage space.
Learning also works differently in different places: One likes to sit at his or her desk, the other lolls on the carpet while studying or prefers to devote himself to his index cards in nature. The feel-good factor is very important if you want to improve grades quickly.
7. Tutoring & learning support to improve grades
Sometimes everything doesn't help. Find a conversation with the teacher and consider together whether your child should take extra tuition. Because: Some students need a "companion" while studying or catching up on the subject matter in order to be able to improve their grades quickly. There are various tutoring options for this.
Involve your child in the decision and make it clear that tutoring is absolutely not a bad thing. Ultimately, your child has to decide if they want to try a tutoring class.
The learning successes that the students achieve in the tutoring lessons increase self-esteem and make them less prone to learning stress in front of the certificates.
Improve grades in the long term
The tips mentioned are suitable for quickly improving grades or boosting motivation for learning. Here you can find out how to improve grades step by step - especially shortly after the interim report:Improve grades in 6 steps: Get started in the 2nd half of the year.
- What is the future of health data
- How do you develop a sales force
- Does IISER Bhopal only offer vegetarian food
- What did BIT Mesra teach you
- Jobs care about offenses
- Which is the wealthiest African country
- How is Discord different from Skype
- Which countries offer jobs for foreign lawyers?
- Anorexia is bad
- What is a human body
- Can we eat soaked peanuts every day?
- What are eating disorders
- You say thank you
- MLM is considered a scam
- Can a person run a dropshipping business?
- How do I deal with an aggressive woman
- Why do people still use Facebook
- How did TASMAC come to Tamil Nadu
- How do lawyers find new clients
- What is the future of healthcare
- How should quality education be?
- How does someone write a poem
- Can people with ADHD be hypnotized
- Which countries discriminate against Muslims