IMessage receipts are read in both directions
How to turn off WhatsApp read receipts on iPhone and Android
As you need to know, WhatsApp read receipts appear in the form of two blue check marks next to a WhatsApp message indicating that a message has been read. Now let's take a look at how to turn off WhatsApp read receipts and prevent someone from knowing you read their WhatsApp message.
WhatsApp read receipts
WhatsApp is set by default in such a way that read confirmations are released via the two blue ticks. With this setting, all WhatsApp contacts can see whether you have read their message or not.
However, this instant confirmation of a read WhatsApp message can be a problem in certain cases. For example, you can insult your WhatsApp contacts if you check their messages on WhatsApp and do not respond due to your busy schedule or other valid reasons.
Since your WhatsApp contacts may not know anything about your schedule or the situation in your life, they may be offended if you review messages (as indicated by two blue ticks) but fail to reply to their messages.
Fortunately, WhatsApp lets you turn off read receipts and take advantage of this to prevent others from knowing whether you've read their messages or not. You can also hide or uncheck "Last Seen" and prevent others from knowing the date and time you last checked your WhatsApp messages.
Before proceeding with the steps to hide WhatsApp read receipts, you need to be aware that disabling read receipts will also prevent you from knowing whether or not your own message has been read by other people.
Disable WhatsApp Read Receipts on iPhone
Follow the steps below to turn off WhatsApp read receipts on your iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone
2. Next, tap on the Settings option in the lower right corner of your screen as shown below.
3. On the Settings screen, tap the Account option as shown below.
4. On the next screen, tap on Privacy.
5. Deactivate On the privacy screen, select the option to read receipts by flipping the switch to the OFF position (see image below).
6. Tap on the Last Seen option while still on the privacy screen.
7. On the next screen, tap Nobody
After following these steps, your WhatsApp contacts will not be able to see whether you have read their messages or not. In addition, none of your contacts can see when you were last active on WhatsApp (since you also deactivated "Last seen").
Disable WhatsApp Read Receipts on Android Phone
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android phone
2. Next, tap on the 3-dot menu icon in the top right corner of your screen as shown below.
3. In the drop-down menu, tap Settings.
4. On the Settings screen, tap the Account option.
5. On the next screen, tap on Privacy
6. On the privacy screen, remove the check from "Read Receipts" (see image below).
7. Tap Recently Seen while still on the privacy screen.
8. You will see a popup. Tap Nobody.
Disabling the "Read Receipts" option in WhatsApp ensures that your contacts can't see whether you've read their messages or not. As mentioned above, this feature works both ways, just like your contacts. You cannot see whether your contacts have read your messages either.
- What is the story of money
- Does it snow in Pakistan
- What are the different types of trading
- Why are first impressions so important
- How does perception process hearing information
- How do I write a questionnaire
- What are duplicates in the Bible
- What is the remaining income in MLM
- What is Australia New Zealand famous for
- Does gravity work in space or not
- Is Hong Kong better than China
- How do I grow my clothing business
- Is it legal to sell things in school?
- What is the best diet for vegetarians
- Should I become a Freemason 1
- Why are airplane windows rounded
- Ultrasonic cleaners damage the bearings
- What is machine learning regression
- What are some of the reasons people are single
- Does anyone like lesbians
- What is Greta Thunberg's IQ
- How often should blue spruce be watered
- What are the Singaporeans complaining about
- Which comes first thoughts or feelings