What is a quarter
A quarter is created when you divide a whole into four equal parts and take one of these four parts. You can therefore also write a quarter as a fraction: In the denominator (lower number) there is a 4, since it was divided into four parts. There is a 1 in the counter (upper number) because you took a part. It looks like this: ¼. As a decimal you write a quarter of 0.25. That's why you calculate the fraction, i.e. divide 1 by 4: 1: 4 = 0.25.
|This is how a quarter is created:||That's how it looks:|
|You have a whole chocolate cake here. It consists of 1 piece.|
This chocolate cake is now cut in half. This creates 2 pieces of the same size. Each piece represents half of the chocolate cake.
These two pieces or halves are now cut again in the middle. This results in 4 pieces of equal size. Each piece represents a quarter of the chocolate cake.
Now you take 1 of these quarter pieces. What you have is a quarter of the whole chocolate cake.
If you divide a whole into four equal parts and take one of those four parts, you have a quarter.
- How do I start a food magazine
- Is tolerance mental or physical
- Which Japanese foods are world famous
- Can young people get diabetes
- What's your favorite cheapest food on the street
- Why are algorithms so interesting
- Which Hollywood films do you have to watch?
- When does clutter or filth become abuse?
- Is the US military overrated?
- Why is unemployment an economic problem?
- What's on a Canadian Nickel
- What does no bueno mean in English
- How are you diagnosed with ADHD
- Professional carpet cleaning is worth it
- What is Cogan's Syndrome
- Why do special forces soldiers wear balaclavas?
- What screams doesn't confuse me
- How does it change you to kill someone
- How do you replace a garbage disposal
- Why doesn't money make me happy?
- Offers EY study opportunities
- How can I get the GetResponse API key
- Why did Canada burn the White House
- Why Are American Hospitals Privately Owned?