How much food should we consume each day
How much meat is the right amount?
There is a lot of arguing about the amount of meat, some consider meat to be the main component of the meal, for others it is at best a fine side dish.
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends eating meat in moderation, a total of no more than 300-600 grams (g) of meat and sausage per week for an adult.
Here you will find the DGE's 10 rules for wholesome food and drink. Processed meat in particular - sausage and meat products - should only be consumed in moderate amounts, as the cancer researchers of the World Health Organization (WHO) emphasized in autumn 2015.
The right portion size
Different amounts of meat are recommended depending on the dish.
As a rule of thumb, these numbers apply per serving:
|Boneless meat:||125 - 150 g|
|Meat on the bone:||150 - 250 g|
|Minced meat:||100-150 g|
|Sausage insert:||50-90 g|
In many cases, however, the quantities can also be reduced. For more information, see How much meat does a portion need?
Is it also possible without meat?
If you want to do without meat entirely, you can do so without any problems. There is enough protein in milk, yoghurt, cheese, legumes and cereals; Combinations such as potatoes with egg, or milk with cereal / bread are ideal. Instead of meat, fish can of course also be eaten. Vitamins and iron are mainly offered by whole grain cereal products, ideally always in combination with vegetables or fruit rich in vitamin C.
If you don't just want to forego meat, but also dairy products and eggs, you have to deal a little more intensively with the value of food in order to still have a full-fledged diet. We will provide you with information on everything you need to know about vegetarian and vegan nutrition in a separate article.
- How do 1 cent stocks work
- Which country has the cleanest air?
- Is the brainwashing of the media people
- Twists the space-time of the compressed air
- Is chlorine bad for the ozone layer?
- Can antimatter black holes exist?
- People hunt blue whales
- Why are African countries often poor
- Why should anyone care for poor people
- What can you live without
- Independent people can vote in elementary school
- How do I find offers for Zomato
- Who is considered poor
- How do you call out a lieutenant
- What is the difference between GRE and GMAT
- Why is time a paradox
- What is the importance of e-commerce
- When did Romans become Italians?
- What free therapies will help treat cancer
- Which airlines fly to most countries
- Whose paintings are these
- Why do religious people not doubt themselves
- Dilutes lemonade beer 50 50
- How can pictures symbolically represent a career
- What does physical phenomenon mean
- What are some must read fiction stories
- Can you cook nachos in space?
- Can I recycle Type 7 plastic Why
- Do you think all dogs are cute?
- What makes you want to share an answer
- What do most people write in poetry
- How poor people live
- How do you design an ad server
- How many American women are overweight