Is WP Engine Hosting Better Than Hostinger
6 Best Shared Hosting Providers in 2021 - Bigger Isn't Better
It doesn't matter whether you just want to start your own blog or start a business website. So-called shared hosting is the cheapest option on the market. You can host your own website for as little as € 1 per month and get some additional fringe benefits like a website builder or a one-click installer for various apps.
However, shared hosting is not always the perfect solution. The speed and performance of your website can be negatively impacted if the shared server suddenly receives a lot of traffic. But that's not all. If there is a data breach or break in on a website, it can affect your part of the server as well. At this point we do not need to go into any further details of the problems that this can cause.
For these reasons do you want to find the right provider. He should take care of your business and not just cram your website onto an old and overcrowded server.
We've tested dozens of shared hosting providers and can now help you find the best one for your specific needs.
Shared hosting providers: our top recommendations
- WP Engine - professionally managed hosting packages for WordPress
- Hostinger - outstanding packages at attractive prices
- InMotion hosting - advanced features for professionals
- iPage - Unlimited hosting for a small price
- FastComet - a powerful powerhouse with excellent security
What The Best Shared Hosting Providers Have To Offer
Shared hosting providers can vary a lot. This applies to both the prices and the functions offered. We checked the shared hosting providers for the following essential points.
- Price-performance ratio: Just because a host is the cheapest doesn't mean it has to have the best offer. That's why we not only looked at the price, but also what you get for your money.
- Features included: Some providers assume that the absolute basics are enough for you. Others offer very useful functions. This includes website builders, email addresses, and one-click app installers.
- Customer service: All hosting companies provide customer service in some way. But there is nothing like 24/7 customer service. It is even better if you can reach the provider through multiple channels
- security: It is very important that your website is protected from cyber attacks, DDoS and malware. That's why we looked for providers who value security as much as we do.
WP Engine - best for fans of WordPress
Do you need more than a simple shared hosting provider? Then you are interested in WP Engine. If you want to work with WordPress, you will love the managed WordPress packages offered here and the many special functions.
WP Engine's managed WordPress hosting plans include that Genesis Framework for WordPress (worth around $ 60) and 35+ StudioPress themes (worth over $ 2000). With such tools at your disposal, you can create a beautiful website in minutes.
Other functions included include a global CDN (Content Delivery Network) and three different “environments” (development, stage and production). This not only makes your website very fast worldwide, but you can also test changes before they are published.
Click here and learn more about WP Engine.
- Your pages load faster thanks to the "aggressive caching" of WP Engine.
- WP Engine takes care of the security of the website.
- The price-performance ratio is excellent. WP Engine isn't as cheap as some other hosters, but you also get a lot more: automatic backups, security, optimization of WordPress servers, the Genesis Framework, StudioPress themes and so on.
- SSL certificates are automatically installed on the websites.
- WP Engine has special support for WordPress issues.
- The special backend is a bit complex and it may take a while to get used to it.
- WP Engine doesn't have DNS and you have to go through a (quite complex) process to configure the DNS records so that your website can go online.
- There is a list of WordPress plugins that are "not allowed" because they conflict with the WP Engine platform. These include WordFence, Jetpack Related Posts, Broken Link Checker and Fuzzy SEO Booster.
Hostinger - the friendliest for the bag
Subscribe to the three-year package from Hostinger andYou can get shared hosting for less than $ 1 a month (this applies to the single shared hosting package).
Hostinger's single package is a bit limited, but the premium and business packages have a lot more to offer. This also includes a free domain name and an SSL certificate. In addition, the server-side computing power is higher.
Hostinger has one 99.9% runtime guarantee. If this monthly uptime falls below 99.9%, you will be compensated for the downtime accordingly.
You get weekly backups with all packages. With the business package, the backups are carried out daily.
For more information on Hostinger, click here.
- If you're just starting out, you'll love the Zyro Builder website builder. You can use it to create a website with ease. Zyro has a drag-and-drop interface, almost 2000 templates and even simple e-commerce functions.
- The premium and business packages contain unlimited websites, SSD storage space, bandwidth and MySQL databases.
- But don't let the low prices fool you. Hostinger uses the latest technologies, including PHP 7, NGINX caching, compression via GZIP and HTTP / 2.
- The customer service is excellent and the live chat staff are there for you 24/7. The response times are very quick.
- Hostinger has the Loyal Customer Guarantee Program for web hosting and domain renewal. This means that when you renew your packages, you get the best possible price. (For other hosts, costs skyrocket up to 500% after the initial offer expires.)
- Hostinger does not rely on a traditional cPanel, but instead uses a dashboard. While this is easy, it lacks some of cPanel's advanced features.
- SSL certificates are only available with the (most expensive) business package.
- Live chat is only available to registered customers. This makes it relatively difficult to ask questions before finalizing a package.
InMotion Hosting - the largest range of functions
InMotion Hosting is a mid-range shared hosting provider. This way you can get your website online quickly and easily. You can install more than 400 applications with just one click (such as WordPress or Drupal).
InMotion Hosting offers interesting functions for advanced users, including SSH access.
All InMotion shared hosting plans offer a free security solution. This includes an SSL certificate. You also get protection against hackers, free backups and protection against DDoS attacks.
The package also contains marketing tools with which you can get the most out of your online presence. For example, you get credit for advertising and access to visitor statistics. The bigger the package, the more you get.
InMotion Hosting also offers a free migration service.
Click here for more information on InMotion Hosting.
- The onboarding process is easy. You will receive emails with all the information about what to do.
- InMotion Hosting raises the bar for the 99.9% runtime guarantee even higher. There is a real-time network and a status page about the servers. So you can see for yourself whether there are problems with the servers (or whether the problem is with your website).
- You don't feel obliged to subscribe to the longest-running package to get the best deal. The price differences are minimal.
- InMotion is good value for money. Even with the simplest package (launch) you get two websites, a free domain and a free SSL certificate.
- The 90-day money-back guarantee is very generous.
- InMotion Hosting's data centers are all located in the United States. This is great for customers from the USA, but if your website visitors are from another part of the world, they will have to expect slightly longer loading times. This is of course less advantageous for you too.
- To protect against fraud, InMotion relies on verification via. Therefore, you have to wait for a call from an employee before your account is activated. If customers are not from the USA, this can be a bit annoying due to the different time zones.
- InMotion does not (yet) offer NGINX. However, this means that the loading times of the pages may be a little faster.
- How is globalization affecting the country?
- What does son of Quora mean
- What are the symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome
- Can Fast Food Cause Acne
- Why do cold drinks make me cough?
- Is there a healthy type of cookie
- Why is Ezra Pound considered a fascist
- Which is Britain's oldest cathedral
- Who uses the big courses
- What is the cube root of 3
- Can there be sex without love?
- What is Euclidean Geometry
- Are Jungkook Jimin gay
- Why do we remember childhood memories
- Why did he stop texting me
- How many digits are there in 1000
- Let people be smart
- A teenager may have mild ADHD
- How fast does light move through a vacuum
- How can I get the GetResponse API key
- What prevents asteroids from hitting Earth
- What makes you believe in yourself
- Which grammar is more difficult French or German
- How do Chinese choose names for children