Which is better for gaming PCs or consoles
Console vs. PC: This is the best way to gamble
Are you interested in video games and are undecided whether to buy a gaming PC or a game console? We'll help you choose based on the comparison and show you the most important differences.
- Other advantages and disadvantages
As a gamer, an important decision must be made when choosing the platform: PC or console? The two options are fundamentally different from each other. We will therefore bring you closer to the respective advantages and disadvantages below in order to help you with the purchase decision.
PC or console: the cost
Consoles are cheaper to buy than PCs, but have higher long-term costs. We have listed the prices at the time of the comparison in a table under this paragraph so that you can get an overview.
|Xbox One S||~ 200 euros|
|Xbox One X||~ 380 euros|
|PlayStation 4 Slim||~ 280 euros|
|PlayStation 4 Pro||~ 390 euros|
|Nintendo Switch||~ 300 euros|
|Accessories: controller||~ 40 euros|
|Gaming PC (self-made)||from ~ 500 euros|
|Gaming PC (ready)||from ~ 700 euros|
|Gaming laptop||from ~ 700 euros|
|Accessories: mouse and keyboard||from ~ 30 euros|
Overall, powerful computer hardware can cost you many times more than a console. However, PC games are already ten to twenty euros cheaper than games for consoles on average when they are released. A short time later, you can even purchase game keys on your PC for less than half the original price. Furthermore, unlike consoles, there are no annual costs for playing online on the PC. Services like PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live cost around 60 euros a year.
If you rarely buy video games and don't need an online subscription, consoles have an advantage in terms of price. In the event of a defect, however, consoles can hardly be repaired. In computers, the components are modular so that they can be easily replaced at potentially lower cost.
PC or console: the performance
In contrast to consoles, gaming computers can be upgraded and kept up-to-date. With a high-end PC, the graphics are therefore much better and smoother. The graphics of consoles cannot be adjusted, but more expensive models such as the PlayStation 4 Pro or Xbox One X offer slightly more graphics effects or a higher resolution than normal consoles. If you are interested in VR glasses, PCs have a clear advantage, but the necessary equipment costs a lot of money.
Consoles are technically outdated quickly because of their relatively low prices and new models are usually only available after several years. Still, games are often well optimized for the console hardware. This means that sometimes very attractive graphic effects are still possible on old consoles.
PC or console: the games
All kinds of exclusive games appear for consoles, such as Mario Kart from Nintendo and Halo from Microsoft. Xbox titles are now always available for Windows 10, and PlayStation titles can also be played without a console via the PlayStation Now game streaming service.
There are more strategy games, role-playing games and simulations on the PC. Retro titles can also be played well there thanks to platforms such as GOG or emulators. Another benefit of computers is mod support. These mostly free extensions mean that many games have new content of all kinds.
PC or console: other advantages and disadvantages
Local multiplayer games are actually only possible on consoles. The function is usually completely missing on the PC and if it is supported in rare cases, the implementation is very cumbersome. Consoles are usually less complicated to operate in comparison, and control is usually easier with a controller. With shooters, however, aiming with a mouse is more precise. Incidentally, controllers are also easily supported on the computer.
The possible uses of a PC are undoubtedly more versatile, as you can install all kinds of programs there. If necessary, you can still play movies or music on consoles. Communication in games is also better on the PC thanks to chat input via the keyboard or voice chat programs such as TeamSpeak or Discord.
PC or console: the bottom line
If you are more than just a casual gamer, getting a computer is worthwhile in many respects. However, if you are mainly interested in exclusive Nintendo games or would like to play mainly on the go, a Switch may be more worthwhile. Ultimately, the decision depends on which advantages are more important to you.
More on the subject...
" Tip:The best VPN providers for more security and data protection
- Why do retailers hate Christmas
- How do you say stupid in Chinese
- Could Master Chief survive in Warhammer 40k
- What is meant by bistable obesity
- Should teachers be paid more
- Why do pregnant women like to complain?
- How do I block someone on Discord
- When do ovarian cysts become cancerous
- How can I stop looking conscious
- Why do people write with strange spelling
- Has NASA ever conducted space missions
- How do you play scrabble slam
- What are some of your favorite hobbies
- What is the healthiest takeaway food
- Taiwanese food How is smelly tofu made
- Vegetarians get cheating days
- How is pizza made in Italy
- What is Gig Economy Professional
- Can cats eat raw meat and bones?
- Plato and Socrates were the same person
- How can I download Server ID Videos
- Why is Quora easier than Reddit
- Dead authors receive royalties
- Who came first to Plato Aristotle or Socrates
- Is Ethiopia safe
- How can thin guys get torn apart
- How does watching movies affect you?
- Was Hitler good or bad
- You can have anorexia without knowing it
- What is perihelion in astronomy
- Did Andrew Johnson actually break the constitution?
- Which factors determine the gender of the future child?
- How can I stop looking conscious
- Has anyone tried to live without money