Google Stadia will be too expensive
Google Stadia: That's how expensive the games are in the streaming service
Just one day before the launch, Google announced that instead of the originally promised 12 titles, 22 games would be available at the start. The streaming service itself can be used for free, at least if you are satisfied with 1080p resolution, SDR and 2.1 sound. However, the games must be purchased individually.
The paid subscription, called Stadia Pro, not only increases the quality to 4K, HDR and 5.1 sound for 9.99 euros per month, but also includes some free games and discounts. At the start you get both Destiny 2 and Samurai Showdown as well as discounts on some games, which only pay off properly in a few cases.
The prices are largely based on the recommended retail price of the version for game consoles. For example, Assassin's Creed Odyssey costs just under 70 euros on Stadia, while the Xbox version is already available for half on Amazon. After all, Google is drawing level with Stadia Pro. But this is not the case with most titles.
For example, you don't get a discount on the quite new racing game Grid as a pro subscriber, which means that you pay 69.99 euros more on Stadia than for the game on the console (approx. 55 euros on Amazon) or even on the PC (about 38 euros on Amazon). Metro Exodus, on the other hand, is a few euros cheaper with Stadia Pro compared to other platforms, while Rage 2 costs almost three times as much as the same game on the Xbox.
Comparing street prices with the price on a new platform is only of limited significance, but since Stadia games can currently only be purchased directly via Google, the company must first prove that the service offers enough added value to cover the surcharges on the free market justified compared to other platforms.
The following prices are currently valid for the leek games on Google Stadia:
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey - € 69.99 (with Stadia Pro: € 35)
- Attack on Titan: Final Battle 2 - € 69.99
- Destiny 2 (included with Stadia Pro)
- Farming Simulator 2019 - € 29.99
- Final Fantasy XV - € 39.99 (with Stadia Pro: € 29.99)
- Football Manager 2020 - € 54.99
- Grid - € 69.99
- Gylt - € 29.99
- Just Dance 2020 - € 49.99
- Kine - € 19.99
- Metro Exodus - € 39.99 (with Stadia Pro: € 20)
- Mortal Kombat 11 Premium - € 89.99 (with Stadia Pro: € 62.99)
- NBA 2K20 - € 49.99 (with Stadia Pro: € 25)
- Rage 2 - € 59.99
- Rise of the Tomb Raider - € 29.99
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - € 59.99
- Samurai Shodown (included with Stadia Pro)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider - € 59.99
- Thumper - € 19.99
- Tomb Raider - € 19.99 (with Stadia Pro: € 10)
- Trials Rising - € 24.99
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood - € 29.99
- How soft is pure gold
- How do I write a questionnaire
- What are SSB interview questions and answers
- Why is cleaning so difficult for hoarders
- Are lions afraid of tigers?
- What does the Italian word Kapeesh mean
- Which surnames are considered to be the upper class
- How much does our health define us?
- What is unnatural sex and why
- What made you disrespect a man?
- What is good blood pressure
- Can I get poison to kill myself
- Are short films commercially viable?
- Why do young children have tantrums
- We will live in heaven for eternity
- What is the pitch for ultrasonic cleaner
- Why is unrestricted submarine warfare important
- Gifted students should be taught separately
- Where could you sell a penny from 1925?
- How ignorant can people be
- Why is Malaysia against Shiite Muslims
- How do people make money from webinars
- Is Volvo a luxury brand
- Should other nations trust China