What are 2 pints equal to ounces
Convert US dimensions
The topic Convert cups to grams or from Ounces to millilitersr is a long-running topic at USA culinary. Because the Americans measure weight and volume in their cooking and baking recipes. And that in units of measurement unknown to us! It goes without saying that a cup of sugar does not have the same weight as a cup of flour, a cup of oatmeal or butter - and it goes without saying that, as an orderly German, I am reluctant to measure the fat into a cup size before baking 🙂 That's why I created these conversion pages - below for rough conversion (usually sufficient), more precisely on separate pagesfor individual ingredients and for Baking mold sizes.
USA / D: Convert values for flour, sugar, butter
For USA cooking and baking recipes you can roughly orientate yourself on the table below. In most cases this is sufficient:
Flour / powdered sugar
Butter / sugar
|1/8 cup …… 15 grams||1/8 cup …… 30 grams|
|1/4 cup …… 30 grams||1/4 cup …… 55 grams|
|1/3 cup …… 40 grams||1/3 cup …… 75 grams|
|3/8 cup …… 45 grams||3/8 cup …… 85 grams|
|1/2 cup ...... 60 grams||1/2 cup ... 115 grams|
|2/3 cup …… 75 grams||2/3 cup …… 150 grams|
|3/4 cup …… 85 grams||3/4 cup …… 170 grams|
|1 cup …… 120 grams||1 cup …… 225 grams|
This is how the exact conversion of cups into grams works
If you have a long list of ingredients that goes beyond butter, sugar, powdered sugar, flour, then please switch to thatDetail page cups = grams. There you will find a list of the number of grams of 1/2 cup rice or 2/3 cup grated apples for many ingredients. This is ideal if you want to implement American cooking or baking recipes with more unusual ingredients.
Weight / Liquid: Fast conversion factors
- To get out Ounces To make grams: Multiply by 28. Example: four ounces are 112 grams.
- To get out Pounds To make kilograms: multiply by 0.45. Example: Two pounds is 0.9 kilograms or 900 grams.
- A Teaspoon are five milliliters (when it comes to liquids). Otherwise: Well, measure out a teaspoon of salt.
- A Tablespoon are 15 milliliters of liquid. The above applies to solid ingredients: Simply measure out a level tablespoon.
- A Fluid Ounce are 30 milliliters. Example: 15 fl.oz. are 450 milliliters.
- To get out Cups To make liters (only applies to liquids): Take 0.24 times. Example: 3 cups of water are 0.72 liters or 720 milliliters.
- A pint are 0.47 liters, a quart 0.95 liters and one gallon 3.8 liters.
- A Stick Butter is about 125 grams.
Conversion of temperatures
For fans of fractions: Um Fahrenheit to convert it to Celsius, first subtract 32 from Fahrenheit degrees and then determine five ninths of that - compliments to those who can do it without a calculator!
Some examples of the conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius:
- 325 ° F is 162 degrees Celsius
- 350 ° F is 175 degrees Celsius
- 375 ° F is 190 degrees Celsius
- 400 ° F is 205 degrees Celsius
- 425 ° F is 218 degrees Celsius
- 450 ° F is 232 degrees Celsius
- 475 ° F is 246 degrees Celsius
Make your own cup size - that's how it works
If you don't want to open this website every time to look something up, it's best to choose a large coffee mug (about 230 ml content) as the standard measure at home. Dry ingredients such as flour, sugar and powdered sugar as well as liquids can be measured well in this. A tip from reader Günter: Pour 1/2, 3/4, etc. cup of water into a German measuring beaker, mark the height with a waterproof marker - done! Cup sizes are now also available in department stores or online mail order companies such as Amazon *.
* Sponsor link leads to Amazon
Photo: © Arina P Habich / shutterstock.com
- Who discovered DNA
- What is a taboo for you
- Can eat raw vegan oatmeal
- What parts is the engine made of
- Are can and could be the same
- Will Quora make me CEO
- What is the factorial of 1 3
- How many meters are in 50 square meters
- What is the tariff value
- How do I upload a long question
- Dissolves sugar glass in water
- Who are your target customers
- Why is everyone so against guns?
- Which cigarette does not affect our health
- What is the best gaming mouse
- How can you win a three-digit lottery
- How do we come to our political views?
- What color is light
- How can I feel full without eating
- How did the Hokages die
- What would gun laws do
- What are legal ways to kill someone
- Gastric gas can cause a heart attack
- What is rudraksh