Bad circumstances show our true character
Crises bring out the true character of a person
The internet troll who wishes other people death on forums and social media. The woman yelling insults into her cell phone in the street. The once oh so good "friends" who haven't contacted us for a year - because in retrospect they weren't friends, but just drinking buddies. The boss who unfiltered the economic pressure on his employees. People who jostle for vaccination. Heads of government who wage small political wars on the backs of their people.
And on the other side of the spectrum: the employees in the test street, who mostly not only work professionally, but also remain friendly. The hobby programmers who built a free web shop for the small business around the corner at the beginning of the pandemic. The people who voluntarily go shopping for their elderly neighbors to protect them. And anyway: All those who work in nursing and retail and have been doing an above-average service there for over a year to the society that had previously debated so often condescendingly about them.
Extreme situations bring out a person's true character, both the best and the worst. It was the same in previous crises, and this is no different with this one. And of course there is a great temptation to give in to the pressure that is currently weighing on all of us. To lose composure and act impulsively. But one thing is certain: like so many others, this crisis will pass. Then we will sit together again in the pub, go to concerts, go on vacation. And in this new normal we will remember who behaved humanly and socially during the crisis - and who did not. (Stefan Mey, April 5th, 2021)
- How do you control WordPress user permissions
- How does a black fly bite?
- Virat Kohli is the greatest ODI cricketer of all time
- How is life in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Why is e-learning important
- Is Bali a good honeymoon destination
- What does a business analyst do
- What is a VVT engine
- How does a central vacuum cleaner work
- What are bonus rules and regulations
- What do you hate most about technology?
- Why can't everyone do the Asian squat?
- How do I treat inexplicable infertility
- Why is 0 0 1 3
- What's the worst about Elon Musk
- What do Democrats think of gun control?
- How to become an SEO professional
- How much does a cubic meter cost
- How do I avoid office politics
- Are CJD and Alzheimer's disease the same
- Who was Epicurus
- What are different types of mental disorders
- Is Elon Musk wrong about hydrogen
- What foods do rich people buy