Why are creationists wrong?
Creationism - Faith and Evolution
- The dating of dinosaur skeletons is doubtful creationists. For them it is clear that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time.
This is especially true for so-called "intelligent design", a variant of creationism with a scientific aftertaste. According to this, life is too diverse for it to emerge from natural processes unplanned. The existence of an intelligent designer is therefore assumed as the originator - an argument that corresponds to that of a centuries-old proof of God, the classic form of which is simplified as follows: A "natural product", such as the human eye, is at least as complex and optimal in its structure the respective function adapted like an artificially created object, for example binoculars; the latter was created by a human "designer"; what is similar has a similar cause; so the eye was created by some kind of divine engineer.
History has often criticized this type of reasoning for being based on a weak analogy. The "divine perfection" of nature, which is assumed here, is also controversial. After all, there are ill-adapted living beings. Anyone who nevertheless follows the argument for an intelligent designer does not necessarily have to end with God: In addition to the One and Good, Almighty and All-Knowing, it leaves room for a lot of creators.
Despite all objections, the idea of intelligent design is not only fruitful in the USA, where it originated, but also in Germany. Intelligent Design fans are looking for loopholes in Darwin's theory. Biologists and other researchers who learned their trade at universities are also among the proponents. They work with probabilities, refer to scientific methods and even offer mathematical formulas with which objects created according to a design can be distinguished from objects created randomly. According to Darwin, mutation and selection are not planned, but are solely subject to the ecological conditions under which a particular species exists. The efforts of the designers therefore always revolve around the same commitment: Certain properties of nature can be better explained by the fact that they have an intelligent cause than that they emerged from a natural process.
There is no longer any talk of God in intelligent design. However, many proponents are committed to creationism, which in the USA was renamed Intelligent Design and equipped with academic vocabulary, mainly for legal reasons, after US courts had repeatedly banned religious teaching in state schools. Intelligent Design appears to be an attempt to smuggle creation doctrine into lecture halls and biology classes. Evolutionary biologists are outraged about this, and the public is largely unanimous in their reaction: creationism does not belong in the scientific community, and the separation of biology and religion must not be jeopardized. Nevertheless, the community of believers in creation is growing, also in Germany.
- What is the capital of Goa 2
- How do the Vietnamese see the Chinese
- How much do SmartRecruiters services typically cost
- Are Japanese xenophobic
- How does Chipotle make chips
- Is statistics an area of computer science
- What's wrong with being an agnostic
- Why do people become foster parents
- How do sugar cookies keep their shape
- Eating packaged foods causes obesity
- What question should we ask in life?
- Was affiliated with XXXTentacion gang
- How important is sex in life 1
- Simon Cowell is a Freemason
- Is AIDS a communicable disease?
- What are the layers of the earth
- Why can't college athletes make money?
- Mathematicians have different brains
- What is Archer's Paradox
- What is the best blogging platform 4
- Is there a free drop shipping company
- Why are submarine operating theaters kept dark
- What is six pack nursing
- Can a paradox be broken
- How do programmers think while programming
- How does light move 1
- How do you greet the new year
- Who uses ggplot2
- What size does men s M have for women
- Michael Jackson joined the Illuminati
- How was your first blind date experience
- What poem brought tears to your eyes
- What are holes in the semiconductor