Is it right to say fruits
What is the difference between fruits and vegetables?
Apples are fruit. Cucumbers are vegetables. Bananas are fruit. Carrots are vegetables. Clearly ... right? Unfortunately it's not that easy.
There are several ways to differentiate between fruits and vegetables. For example, you could say: fruits are sweet and vegetables are hearty. Or: fruits are eaten raw and vegetables only cooked. But that's not always the case: peppers, cucumbers or carrots, for example, also taste raw, a baked apple is eaten warm in winter and sweet cakes can be baked from zucchini and carrots.
So when is something fruit and when is it vegetable?
Fruit are the fruits and seeds of perennial shrubs and trees, for example an apple on an apple tree. There they develop from a pollinated flower. Perennial means that the plants keep growing after they have been set. Every spring they bloom and form new fruits and seeds. This arises over and over again every year and can repeat itself for many years. There are apple trees that are almost a hundred years old.
Vegetables are plants in which other parts such as roots or leaves can be eaten. And: you can usually not harvest them for that long. Once a vegetable is planted, it usually dies after two years at the latest. That is why you have to plant tomato plants in the garden or on the balcony every year in order to be able to harvest tomatoes for one summer. But there are exceptions here too: asparagus, for example. It can be harvested for eight to ten years after it has been planted.
But this distinction does not apply to all plant species either. In the meantime there is also the classification of "fruit vegetables". These are plants that have properties of both vegetables and fruits. The pumpkin z. B. is an annual plant (i.e. more of a vegetable) and at the same time it is the fruit of a pollinated flower (i.e. more of a fruit). Just fruit vegetables. Ah!
- Why did Arsenal sell Walcott
- Grocery stores accept personal checks
- What happened to the destroyer USS Lawson
- How is the population in Japan declining
- What does abbattere mean in Italian?
- Loves me my FWB
- How often should I clean my windows?
- What makes someone a popular quoran
- How can I take a cool selfie
- How do you keep yourself physically fit
- Is Ikea food good
- Is Xi Jinping China's Hitler
- How can you become an IIM faculty?
- Are there 9mm revolvers why
- Why is Pakistan dying of cricket
- How can children learn with animated games
- Will energy be cheaper or more expensive?
- What are the disgusting foods of China
- How big is the yacht crew industry
- Strong is polypropylene rope
- Exists a corpse
- Why do jealous people hate successful people
- Dark matter is negative energy
- How can a pigeon net increase the harvest yield